Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ihrigb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 07:23 PM
    1985 Old and New Testament Bible value
    Translated out of the Original Tongues, with the Apocrypha, Concordance and psalms, and revised new testament
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2010, 08:27 PM
    So, from $50 to $100 if in good condition and leather bound, just like any other edition, but check out the new price it might be less, now if you were to say 1685.

I'm a little confused however by your description, the Psalms are usually included in the Old Testament and what do you mean by a revised New Testament?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2010, 09:14 PM

yes, a 1985 is just a old used bible. So the value will be only based on the publisher, the type of translation

There was a "revised" version done in the last 70's to early 80's, it was not as popular as others. Since it has the
    Apocrypha I was thinking a Catholic version, but I don't believe they did a "revised" version.

My 150 year old bible is only worth a few hundred dollars.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2010, 03:58 AM
    Let me clarify my earlier comment there are versions which have the word revised in the title, Revised Standard Version comes to mind, but it means the entire Bible has been revised, that is, updated as to the english words used. Since there are many recent translations, to describle a Bible you use it's full title

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old testament with new testament hooked into 1 help please [ 5 Answers ]

Is there 2 versions hooked into 1?

Last will and Testament [ 2 Answers ]

Last will and Testament: question, Does a last will and testament have to be executed as it is written or can the Administraor pay out heirs as his wishes?

Last Will and Testament [ 3 Answers ]

A person I helped all my life wants to arrange his Last Will and Testament. But there are a few issues: this person has some assets coming to him. We don't know exactly how much or when it will be registered to his name, but it is coming. Will a general statement in his Will cover those assets,...

Last Will and Testament [ 6 Answers ]

A few days ago some wonderful people on this forum educated me as to the limitations of a POA. Now I'd like to know your opinions regarding a person's Last Will and Testament. This elderly person has most of his estate in a different state. I am in Florida. He wants to fly here and prepare his Will...

Last will and testament [ 2 Answers ]

If you have been named in someone's will, how are you notified? What if the executor of the will just decides not to abide by what is written in the will?

View more questions Search