Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McTwirly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 10:07 AM
    Can't open .CTG file from camera on Mac?
    Can't open .CTG file from Casio Exilim camera on MacbookPro running 10.6.5 OS?
    M0100.CTG is the name of the file. Tried downloading VLC free converter. It does not recognize the file type.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 14, 2010, 10:17 AM

CTG files aren't meant to be opened and viewed. It is a compressed file containing info about all pictures on your camera. I think you should read the following link:

CLICK HERE TO READ INFO ABOUT CTG FILE EXTENSIONS

THIS IS AN OLD ASKMEHELPDESK THREAD PERTAINING TO THE SAME QUESTION
    YouSirName Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2010, 06:07 AM
    .CTG files contain image catalog information that is used by the camera when managing and displaying photos. You'll probably find a .ctg file for each set of images created.

The .CTG files should get deleted automatically when the associated images are erased, although it seems that current best practices are to format the memory card often so I wouldn't worry about the .CTG files.

If you've ever tried to open Mac files from a Jump/Flash/Key Drive on a PC, you've been presented with files that have a size of 0kb and are shaded when viewed. The files have an identically named file that is regular size in Kb. On a Mac these files are invisible but try to transfer them to a PC and they show up like a question mark.

The .CTG files are the same... they are usually invisible or just used like your house numbers... the .CTG files aren't the mail but they do tell the postman where to deliver or find your mailbox.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convert a ctg file to jpeg? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic Lumix and I took some pics and videos of my niece's wedding. I transferred and view pics fine, no problem. When I get to the videos, they won't play and are stated as being a 'ctg' file. I have googled it and it is an ending for a Canon camera. How did I get this on my...

Changing .ctg file to .jpg format [ 13 Answers ]

?? Hello, I need some help with viewing pictures. You see... I have a cd of picures that were shot with a canon digital. 2 out of 3 folders I am able to see the pics. The #3 folder is listed as canon msc. When I click it on 119.ctg. It will not let me open. I checked on the file menu on my...

How to run .ctg file? [ 1 Answers ]

How to run .ctg file?is there any media player which runs .ctg file.or how can I change .ctg file to .jpg format

Changing .ctg file to .jpg format [ 1 Answers ]

In downloading my camera card, I found the files were in CTG. How to convert to JPG or TIF?

.CTG file viewer [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having photos in .ctg file format... but it is not opening in my PC... I ve tried many softwares but in vain... so what is the solution

View more questions Search