Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whooping_Furn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 09:00 AM
    Carrier Furnace (Model 58MCA100-16, Series 180) that makes 'whooping' sound
    I have a Carrier Furnace (Model 58MCA100-16, Series 180, Mfr. Date Mar 2004) that makes an intermittent 'whooping' sound when it comes on and goes off (sometimes but not always, but more often during the late evening and the middle of the night). I had a service technician come out yesterday and after a short time and $98 later) he said he couldn't replicate the noise and that I should keep a log of the 'whooping noise'. My log now shows: 10:34 p.m. 4:04 a.m. 5:34 a.m. 6:07 a.m. 6:21 a.m. 7:45 a.m. --- so, please help. Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace makes a rumbling sound when the blower starts. Could this be a motor that [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace makes a rumbling noise when the blower begins. Does this mean that the blower or furnace motor needs to oiled?

Carrier heat when gas goes off it makes a boom sound when it goes out [ 1 Answers ]

When the temp reaches the temp set and the flames go out in the unit it makes a explosin sound or a boom sound when it cycles off

Have a brand new carrier perf93 gas furnace that makes LOWD humming sound when on. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm told nothing is wrong with the unit. It was billed as a very quiet machine however it is so lowd it disrupts my living area. The intake vent is right between dinning room and living room. Have to speak up if it come on - TV volume has to go up because the humming motor sound is so loud. In...

Furnace makes loud banging sound when it turns off [ 2 Answers ]

When my furnace turns off there is a loud bang. It looks and sounds like there is air being sucked in through the ducts and then 'let go' all of a sudden. Any suggestions on what this could be and how to fix it?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.