Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dharmasundesam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Which Is Better Paint?
    Which Is Better Paint Dunn Edwards Or Frazee In General Or Overall For Interior Painting?
    kents5773 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Dunn Edwards is good paint. Ultimately it depends on how long you want the paint to last and what it is going on.
    As a contractor, I find that a lot of my clinets select Dunn Edwards because of name brand and color selection. I on the other hand have had great success with the Walmart house brand paint is a very high quality paint and much more affordable then DE paint. 99% of thime you'll never notice the difference. And with the computer color matching technology you can take the DE paint chip right into Walmart and they can blend the cutom color for you.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 9, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Most manufacturers make a range of qualities (1st, 2nd, sometimes 3rd ) of paint for a given type and generally provide an excellent product with their top-line item. As for which is better paint, it would depend on your perspective, in that paints are evaluated on many properties (hiding, burnish resistance, flow & leveling, sag resistance, block resistance, adhesion over various surfaces, etc.). Each paint product has its own particular balance of properties, and it would be impossible to say which is best. In general, you won't go wrong in going with a top-line product from a given manufacturer or retailer. I would compare the swatches you like in many different settings, in light, in the dark, etc. to see which you like the best. And I wouldn't buy the paint on my first visit, most stores will allow you a sample of the actual paint instead of swatches, so you can use a little on the actual surface and see if you like it before you buy it.

Good luck.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:03 PM
    When it comes to one coat coverage, one of the big things to look for is the percentage of titanium dioxide (TiO2). I hate to say this, but at one time we were doing a quick paint job in anticipation of moving. I found the cheap junk from Big Lots easier to work with and covered better than Sears. It also still looks fine. Of course, they only have a very limited selection of colors. Still. Will you be using white? Don't buy anybody's ceiling white. Regular wall paint covers much better. Ceiling white means we skimped on the TiO2 because we though you wouldn't notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To paint or not to paint [ 1 Answers ]

I will be moving into a new home here in the next few months and the basement will be not finished. I want to do a couple of rooms down there, so how do I prepare the floors, do I paint them with that green paint for basement concrete floors or do I prep it with plywood or paint and then place...

Paint vs. Tile [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a house and I have to do minor bathroom reno's. I have a house that is about 50 years old, and the bathroom has the old black and white tiles, which are in perfect shape. In the shower, from the top of the tiles to the ceiling is about 3.5 feet of drywall. My dilema...

Remove paint [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if someone can tell me how to remove semy gloss paint from wood cabinets. Thanks

Paint mixture [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There Guys Does anybody know what colour stainers do I use to mix 20litres white paint To canary yellow. Thanks guys

Lead paint [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one know what year they stopped using lead paints? I have some old matchbox cars I would like to give to my kids but don't want to give the ones that might contain lead paint.

View more questions Search