Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcphean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 06:53 AM
    My boyfriend hurt me, but it isn't like him normally, what should I do?
    My boyfriend and I were at a party and both of us were very very drunk, and just at bed time we started to argue. And then at the end I wanted him to look at me, which he refused to do. So I grabbed him around the face with my hand to try and make him turn to me. He then bit my index finger really hard, but because of the alcohol I couldn't feel much, so I tried to make him turn again. He did this again harder, and this actually bruised and cut the skin on my finger so I scratched him on the face. After this, he grabbed my arm and bit me really really hard. I now have 2 very large purple bruises on my arm. He has never done anything like this, and is usually always so good natured. Before today I would have said he never would have hurt me. He says he feels so horrible and has apologized so much, and even broke down in tears when he saw all the marks on my arm. I still love him very very much, but at the moment I don't really know how to feel about the relationship.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Dec 14, 2010, 06:58 AM

Lets be honest you both drunk way too much and you both got physical. Either avoid drinking so much or avoid each other, or both.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2010, 06:59 AM

In no way do I EVER condone a man putting his hands on a woman. That isn't acceptable regardless of the alcohol intake and should be handled accordingly. It leads to a slippery slope of bad behavior.

And, to be frank, neither of you should drink until you can handle drinking in a mature adult like manner. I know people do stupid things when intoxicated, but it has become a cultural phenomenon to blame alcohol for those things, rather than to take personal responsibility. For God's sake, if you do stay together, don't drink together again, for a long time.
    Kshae Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jan 1, 2011, 01:13 AM
    I don't agree with the answer above me. I am I female and I have been in an abusive relationship (still have a slipped disk in my jaw) That seemed to be a drunken/playful/both made silly choices kind of night.

Now maybe you should watch the alcohol intake as emotions tend to run high when very intoxicated. Also, your senses are all messed up. Just like you didn't realize how hard he was biting he probably didn't either. You also grabbed his face, now I know if someone was to do that to me I would immedialty go on the defensive. But since an apolgy has happened I would let this slide.

Though, if this has happened before or happens again I would really take the time to consider if it's the slcohol, him or both.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 09:51 AM

One drunk is enough to have a disaster, two is pretty much a guarantee. Solution is easy, don't get drunk, either of you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 11:38 AM

I think the rest of the posters missed an important part, you actually assulted him first, you grabbed him and was going to use enough force to TURN his head.

Had you said he did that to you, everyone would be calling it abuse.

What he did in fact could be more considered self defense.

To me you were the one who started the physcial and he should be worried if you are gong to be like that in the future
    Kshae Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2011, 01:33 AM
    I made that point as well. As why I your were both drunk so you need tour life. But take it easy. I don't really agree with the "dont do it" as we don't know you or your habits. But do it safely.

And I repeat if this has happened before or happens you need to find the source of the problem and fix that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend has just physically hurt me what do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

I wanted to c my mum and he wouldn't let me, so he pushed me and stamped on me, we have kids I don't know what to do?

My boyfriend hurt me, and I don't know what to do.. [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend got upset because I wasn't in the mood to sleep with him. He dragged me off the bed by my feet, then slammed me onto ground. Then he picked me up threw me against the wall a few times and then onto the ground only this time on my face. Then he threw me onto the couch and choked me so...

Hurt from a break up with my boyfriend. [ 15 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend and I accused him of having sex with another woman and giving me a irritation and then I find out that I donot have any irritation,and now he say this it I must find another man and he have my house keys and my cell phone and I ask for my things back and he does not give them...

I hurt my boyfriend so much that he broke up with me. Does he miss me? [ 9 Answers ]

I hurt my boyfriend by breaking the promises I made with him. I even went out with a male friend when he was in need of me. He gave me a second chance on it which I again lost it by receiving too many calls from my male friends. He had enough of it. He said he is too hurt to ever trust me again. He...

My boyfriend mistreated me and I want him to know that I'm hurt without losing him! [ 23 Answers ]

I've been dating this really nice guy for about 4 months. I told him a day before that I was having surgery done on my eyes the next day, he seemed very concerned. I told him id call the next day when its over. And I do but he disconnects me. I wait and wait for him to call back but he doesn't so I...

View more questions Search