Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsMCY Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Aging Method
    I need help on how to use the aging method to do my accounting homework. Can anyone help me?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 08:46 PM

Aging is done for both accounts receivable and accounts payable. You will have a spreadsheet with columns for total amount, current, 31-60 days, 61-90 days, and over 90 days. The spreadsheet will list each vendor if payables or customer if receivables. The total amount is listed, and then spread based on how long they have been outstanding.

If you are looking at using this for determining allowance for doubtful accounts, they probably gave you some kind of formula to apply to the different columns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the aging-of-receivables method [ 1 Answers ]

What is the aging-of-receivables method in financial accounting? Please explain in easiest terms possible. Thank you

Aging Method [ 10 Answers ]

Based on an analysis of the 257,724 of accounts receivable, it was estimated that 14,500 will be uncollectible. Record the adjusting entry. Record the adjusting entry assuming the aging method was used.

Accounts Receivable Aging Method [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Karen an I am a graduate student for Master's of Social Administration, and I have a hard time grasping financial accounting I need help. My question is accounts receivable account that shows a debit balance of 104,000 at the end of the year. An aging analysis of individual...

Aging method [ 1 Answers ]

I do not understand the accounts rec. aging method Can someone please provide an example

Accounts receivable aging method [ 1 Answers ]

This I totally do not understand. I have to put this in a general journal but don't understand it. Caplan Corporation uses the accounts receivable aging method to account for Uncollectible Accounts Expense. As of December 31, Caplan's accountant prepared the following data about ending...

View more questions Search