Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdeguilio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Can I replace a rotted casment window sill plate without removing the window.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 11:23 PM

Need more info.

Are u talking about the 2x4 that is under window?

Piece of trim work outside under window?

Piece of trim work inside of window?

What material is window made of? Metal, vinyl or wood?

Let us know and we can help u.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace sill plate on gable end wall [ 0 Answers ]

I have a rotten sill plate and sheathing on the gable end wall of a one story ranch. There is a short 4 foot high wall on top of the foundation wall supproting the first floor. It is 2X4 construction with 1/2" OSB sheathing and vinyl siding. The sill is rotted due to almost no clearance between...

Replacing sheet rock sill plate rotted [ 2 Answers ]

I recently took all the sheetrock from an outside wall I noticed the sill plate along the bottom of the studs is rotted no termites maybe just dry rot is there any way to replace without tearing the whole wall down

Removing a basement window [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3X3 window in my cinderblock basement. The blocks are the 12 in wide blocks. I would like to take out the makeshift window that was installed improproperly and put block back in. Do I basically mortor in the new cinderblocks, or do I need to cut into some of the old block the insert part...

How to replace a rotten wooden window sill [ 3 Answers ]

Never done this before and would like to know where to start and what tools would be needed.The rest of the frames are sound (TwoExtreior sills both 6ft long.) I have very little experience of extrerior wood repairs Could you please help and advise any essential tools. Thank you!:)

Removing window [ 1 Answers ]

I have an aluminum window that I am replacing and need to remove it. It seems to be a new construction window with a nail flange. Anyone know of the easiest way to remove this window?

View more questions Search