Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matrix Gas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Three prong dryer element
    I have a friend that has a dryer problem. First the breaker was shot. I replaced it. Next the thermoswitch was shot. I replaced it. Now I only get 110 too all three of the dryer connections. I cannot get 240 across these connections. Am I too assume this dryer has two elements since there are three connections?

I am thinking the timer switch. There is no wiring diagram on this model.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Are you sure the new breaker was a double pole breaker, and not a tandem one? On the outside tandem ones look like a double pole one except the 2 handles are not linked together. One the inside, there is one contact allowing you to have 2 circuits in the space of one, but both are off the same leg. Both are 120 volts above ground, but 0 to each other.

The 3 prong element may work like a stove burner to give various temperatures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating element Kenmore 70 series electric dryer [ 6 Answers ]

When I start the dryer the heating element gets hot for about 5 seconds then blows a fuse. The dryer will still cycle, but never get hot again. I replaced the fuses and no luck. When I took the plate off I can see that it is getting hot. There are 5 coils and it appears that the top 3 coils are...

Convert 4 prong dryer plug to 3 [ 2 Answers ]

My wall outlet is a 4 prong I have a pigtail to change my Sears dryer to a 3 prong but not sure how to properly wire it the 4 plug is red, white, black and green the replacent not color coded

How to replace heating element in Kenmoore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The heating element on my Kenmoore 86873800 dryer. I have the part but don't know how to replace it. Anyone know how? Thank You!

View more questions Search