Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gewoolstenhulme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 01:05 PM
    I have a HD DVR comcast cable box, an HD TV and a DVD player.
    I would like to hook up the DVD player directly to the cable box. Do I have to also hook something to the TV. The TV is connected to the cable box with HDMI cable.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Depends on the DVD player.

You don't connect it to the cable box... you connect it to the TV.

Good: Composite (yellow for video; white and red for audio).
    Better: Component (red, green, blue for video; white and red for audio).
    Best: HDMI.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you connect a combination panasonic dvd/vcr/surround to a cable dvr box [ 0 Answers ]

Need to know how do you connect a combination panasonic dvd/vcr/surround to a cable dvr box

Hookup a dvd player to a cale TV with no cable box. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hookup my dvd player to my TV without a cable box.

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

Cable box to DVR/DVD to HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

I spent 30 years in electronics and find that today's manuals are lacking in detailed information. Or, maybe I'm just dumb. Here's my problem. I have cable box DCT6200/DCT6208 (Time Warner Cable) and a Samsung LN-T4661F HDTV. I am looking at a Pioneer DVR-633H-S DVR/DVD. I want to record HDTV to...

Philips 3400 DVD Recorder + Comcast Cable/DVR + TV = connection woes [ 5 Answers ]

Good evenining, everyone. I have recently purchased a Philips DVDR3400 recorder to go with my Vizio HDTV and Comcast Cable/DVR, and for the life of me I can't get the connections to work. I bought the Philips 3400 specifically because it had an HDMI output connection (assuming this would give...

View more questions Search