Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idraulico Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Trying to install outside brass faucet on house water supply pipe which is PVC.
    First attempt, I over tightened and within week PVC connector cracked and leaked.
    Second attempt, I merely hand tightened with additional teflon tape but faucet rotates when yard hose is attached causing slight drip with more potential leakage. Any suggestions as to how to successfully accomplish my task?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 09:44 AM

You need to tighten it some more until it stops dripping and don’t over tight, good luck.

John
    PurePlumbing Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jan 4, 2011, 02:06 AM
    You could buy two sharkbite couplings for the pvc water pipe size to the tap fitting size FIP or MIP.

Please note the image is a 90 I know :( could not find a coupling.
    idraulico Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 07:55 AM
    Thank you Pure Plumbing. That type fitting would have worked great if I could have found one for inline installation when I started the project.
    I redesigned my first plan by running PVC pipe over to and up about a foot on the wall. I then attached two 2x2 pressure treated boards along side the pipe, put a small piece of treated siding with a hole for the PVC and fastened a brass spikot to the wood. The system is now solid and appears to be drip free.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running pvc water supply through foundation [ 9 Answers ]

Hi - I'm running water into a shed under the foundation footing and up through the concrete floor. I read in the international residential code book that pipe under a foundation or through it needs to be protected with a supporting arch or pipe sleeve two sizes bigger than the water pipe. I can't...

Leaking brass ferrule at toilet water supply [ 6 Answers ]

In the process or replacing a leaky water intake ballcock assembly, I've got a new leak, below the toilet, just above the shut off valve. The water supply pipe is a chrome pipe with a brass ferrule and compression nut. I've tightened the nut pretty much as tight as it will go, and I still have a...

PVC Plumbing on Hot Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I didn't know there was a restriction on hot water running through PCV plumbing. I had to run some pipe and replaced the old copper with PVC (not cpvc), including the hot supply. Now, I understand that up to 140 degree's PVC is OK. I did a temp check and my hot water is 130 degrees. What kind of...

Can I replace PVC water supply pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hot water supply leak under my kitchen sink. It appears limited to two PVC pipes(one coming straight from a metal pipe and the other joints downwards). Can I replace these pipes and if so how do I remove them? Should my local hardware store have what I need?

Quickconnect to gray pvc water supply [ 2 Answers ]

I used a male adapter with a quick connect to a 1/2" gray pvc water line.

View more questions Search