Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanmaestro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2010, 07:45 AM
    There was something wrong in the question! Updated one is:
    cos^2(A/2)+cos^2(B/2)+cos^2(C/2)=2+2sin(A/2)*sin(B/2)*sin(C/2)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 09:20 AM

There must be more to the question than this. Note that if A=B=C=0, the left hand side is equal to 3 while the right hand side is equal to 2. This makes me think there must be an aditional condition, such as A+B+C = 180 degrees. Please confirm.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 10:17 AM

Upate: if A+B+C =180, then this relationship can be shown to be true. Angle C = 180-(A+B), so on the left hand side of the equation you can replace cos(C/2) with cos(90-A/2-B/2) which equals sin(A/2+B/2) = sin(A/2)cos(B/2)+cos(A/2)sin(B/2). Also on the left side replace cos^2(A/2) with 1- sin^2(A/2), and replace cos^2(B/2) with 1 - sin^2(B/2). On the right hand side proceed in a similar way: replace sin(C/2) with cos(A/2+B/2) = cos(A/2)cos(B/2)-sin(A/2)sin(B/2). Now some simple manipulations will bring it home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Updated poem. [ 4 Answers ]

I got flowers today. I got flowers today. It wasn't my birthday, Or any other special day. Last night, we had our first fight. He said some cruel things, But I know he must be sorry, Because he sent me flowers today.

Email has updated or not [ 0 Answers ]

I have created a application to send Email via Microsoft Outlook. When sending a email from that application email first goes to the Outlook outbox. Therefore anyone can edit a email from the outbox. I wan't know which Emails have edited before send that are in the sent box. *** give me an example...

I have a plumbing question. Can you break a flusher on a toilet by flushing wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about flushing a toilet. I have been told that you can break the innards of a toilet by not flushing it right. I have never heard or seen anything like this in my life. I have see the apparatus wear and have to be replaced but neer broken by improper flushing.

Updated Processors [ 1 Answers ]

What Is The Most Updated Processor ? What Is Pentium-d ?

View more questions Search