Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdarweesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2003, 03:45 PM
    Internet connection
    Dear group
    I've a P4 1.7MHz PC with 128Mb RAM, loaded with WinXp OS. My problem is as soon as turning on my computer the IE is loading automatically and made a connection to my default home page, without any permission.
    What is the problem and how can I solve it?
    Any help will be thanked
    arcanehacker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2003, 03:56 AM
    Internet connection
    Check if there is any link in your startup folder. It might be put there by some configurations.

If its not there, you might want to go through your registry under HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

The list under this link are all the startups when your system boots up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost internet connection [ 5 Answers ]

I have a cable modem connected to DLink router then to my Dell Dimension 2100 PC. Lately it appears that if my PC is idle for 15 to 20 minutes I will lose my internet connection. I usually unplug my cable modem and reconnect after 10 seconds. This procedure will normally allow me to establish my...

Internet connection [ 6 Answers ]

Please forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology here. I hope you get the point. My question is I was wondering how come my internet works by the symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen that shows your internet connection is showing that it is not connected. The symbol...

Internet connection speeds [ 10 Answers ]

We've just had a small upgrade in our connection. From a nice 1 Meg line to 4 Meg and soon to 8 Meg all for about £20 a month, about $40 ! How good is your connection? For a quick speed test go here and post your results. ***** Speed test *****

Internet Connection Hijacked [ 9 Answers ]

My internet connection has been hijacked. Every time I connect my username and dial up phone connection are changed. I reset them again and again but very I reconnect they are changed. I think something has hijacked my default settings and keeps restoring there own one. The number they put in...

Windows XP and internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone please help me? Recently I upgraded from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Professional. Now every time I connect to internet and start browsing or downloading, a message flashes on saying “This shutdown was initiated by NT\SYSTEM. Remote Procedure Call Service terminated...

View more questions Search