Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samovar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 08:59 PM
    I just got a job offer. Should I ask for more vacation time, and if so, how?
    They offered me 10% more than the salary I said that I wanted. I want to wrap this negotiation up pretty quickly because they start date is soon, and I want to give my current job as much notice as possible.

Their standard benefits package includes 10 days of vacation accrued after the first year. I'd like to negotiate 15 days. How should I go about negotiating this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 09:11 PM

Depending on where you are at, at times some benefits can not be changed, esp if they use or go though a outside pay management company. Often vacation or comp time is based on a certain amount per pay period added on.

But if you want to ask for it, you merely say you agree to all but >>>> and ask them for it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job Offer [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: Before I start blasting the right wingers for saying Obama broke the law, could you tell me if he DID break the law? What he did was offer Sestak a job IF he didn't run against Arlen Specter. I know a LITTLE bit about the law, but I can't see where something wrong happened here. ...

Should I take the job offer? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey you guys! How are you today? Currently I am working for the state as a Temp. I go from office to office every 6-9 months (unless I get extended to stay longer) but I have to find my own permanent job for the state. I have been called to have a interview at this place that is NOT a state...

Job offer [ 3 Answers ]

Okay well in one of my classes I have to do a pretend resume, but with that I need to find a job offer, you know like a written one, a real one that I can print out and put in my binder to say that's what my resume is for. I would like to find a job offer for something to do with animals, mainly a...

About a job offer [ 4 Answers ]

I got a job offer from a company named moon group inc. sounds like a good job, but is this a real company? I'm a little worried just because it's dealing with my personal accounts and don't trust much over the net.:confused:

Tax re: Full-time job in NJ and Part-time job in Brooklyn,NY [ 1 Answers ]

Am a Jersey resident working full-time(40 hours, AGI~$60,000) in Jersey claiming 5. May be accepting position in Brooklyn, NY for additional part-time (16 hours,AGI~$19,000-23,000) Have read responses about resident in Jersey working in NY with one job. Since my part-time position is in NY, I...

View more questions Search