Ask
    nanat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 08:02 PM
    Cash collections budget
    Sales budget
    January February March
    Sales in units 6,000 6,500 7,000
    Sales in dollars $120,000 $130,000 $140,000

Sales consist of 70% cash and 30% credit. All credit accounts are collected in the month following the sales. Bad debts are negligible and can be ignored. Actual sales for December 2010 were $110,000.

Prepare a cash collections budget on sales for January, February and March 2011.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 11:18 AM

Please read this announcement.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

We won't do your homework for you. If you post the work you have done, we can see what you are not understanding and get you started in the right direction. Thanks.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2010, 06:47 PM

nanat does not find this helpful : i dont understand
    Just so you know, giving this red mark is considered an insult on this board. They should only be used if someone gave a factually incorrect answer. I'll help you but I won't do all of the work. You have to be willing to work for the answer.

Your problem states that sales are 70% cash and 30% credit. First compute the 70% that is paid in each month. The 30% credit is paid in the following month. Compute that amount. For example, they tell you that December sales were $110,000. We know that 30% of that amount will be collected in January, so $33,000 is collected. We also know that 70% of the estimated sales for January are expected to be collected in January. How much is that? What is the total that is expected to be collected in January?

When you respond, please use the answer box at the bottom of the page rather than the comments box. It gives you a lot more space to write. If you will be patient and work through this with me, it will make a lot more sense to you. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule of Expected Cash Collections; Cash Budget [ 4 Answers ]

Problem 9-23 Schedule of Expected Cash Collections; Cash Budget Herbal Care Corp. a distributor of herb-based sunscreens, is ready to begin its third quarter, in which peak sales occur. The company has requested a $39,000, 90-day loan from its bank to help meet cash requirements during the...

Cash Collections Budget Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I would REALLY appreciate any help you could give me with this problem: Sales May 60,000 June 70,000 July 80,000 August 100,000 All sales are on credit. Records show that 60 percent of the customers pay during the month of the sale, 20 percent pay the month after the sale, and...

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

In a cash budget the cumulative cash balance is equal to? [ 1 Answers ]

a. Cumulative loan balance minus the ending cash balance. B. cumulative loan balance plus the ending cash balance. C. net cash flow minus the beginning cash balance. D. net cash flow plus the beginning cash balance.

Cash Collections Budget [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working on this problem for three hours, and for some reason, none of my answers make sense. Could someone please help me find the correct answer? The problem reads: Cash Sales: March $30,000 June $45,000 Sept. $37,500

View more questions Search