Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QueenOrangeSoda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 05:35 PM
    How can I become a famous kid singer like Hannah Montana, Ariana Grande, or Bambee?
    I asked this on Yahoo Answers, but none of the answers helped me. Anyway, I want to be a kid singer SOOOO much! And yes, I know how hard it is. I practice singing all the time, I sing karaoke, I know how to play vocals, keyboard, and glockenspiel well, and I've already written some songs. I just need a producer, an agent, and a recording label. But I don't know how. Can someone help me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 05:42 PM

Now comes the hard work. You have all of Internet in front of you. Google for agents in your area. (Are you near a big city?) You'll have to write knock'em-dead query letters to possible agents and hope one likes what you have to say enough that he/she will ask you to come to the office for an interview and vocal test.

Do you have any vocals on YouTube?

How old are you? Do you tend to sing flat or do you get pitchy? Have you have voice lessons? Does your chin quiver when you sing?

(Miley Cyrus has a dad already in the music business, and I've never heard of the other two you mentioned.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2010, 05:52 PM

First lets try to be realistic. No matter how good you are the odds are against you. So the question is do you just want to be famous or do you want to make a career out of singing. Have you had your talent evaluated by anyone like your music teacher? Are you member of a choir or glee club? Have you tried local venues, contests etc.
    ashleighbehh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 05:54 PM
    Hii scotgem I really want a music career I don't really care about the fame but I do a wee bit but who doesent, nyways I just want to se my own albumn in hmv or see my music video on YouTube... singing is my entire life! And I just want to get out thee before I change my mind , pray to god I don't!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 05:59 PM

1. Have you had your talent evaluated by anyone like your music teacher?

2. Are you member of a choir or glee club?

3. Have you tried local venues, contests etc.

4. Did you try out for BGT?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 06:23 PM

Almost anyone who wants to make a living as a musician can, you may never have the fame, but you can make a living,
    First where do you sign outside of your home or school, how many open mikes do you go, Are your parents willing to drive you 100 or 200 miles over a weekend, to events and open mikes to get you seen and heard.

If you live in a larger city it is easier to find places,

Next are you taking voice lessons, other music lessons, even the best singers have voice coaches, * my wife at one point was a voice coach to someone that is now on broadway. My wife was about 4 years into performing, before she started to actually break even on money from the money it cost to travel to sign, and has done some multistate tours, but you will have never heard of her most likely, but it is a living.

For others they end up back up singers at recording studios, or for regional known bands.

Get yourself on YouTube, there are millions there, but luck has a lot to do with it.

I know of no record company that even opens or accepts music that is not requested, so sending recordings in does little or no good.

So how many places a month are you singing at now ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I become a famous kid star.like hannah Montana? [ 27 Answers ]

I feel kind of weird asking this question but I really need help, can you tell me the steps on how to become a famous star ethier as an actor or a singer. Tell me!:)

How can I be famouse like miley cyrus/ hannah Montana?? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to be famouse!! Me and my friend want to be singers! Thanks for your help

How can I be an extra on Hannah Montana Movie? [ 1 Answers ]

I heard about a casting call, and I want to know how and if I can get on the Hannah Montana Movie as an extra. I live in Franklin, TN

View more questions Search