Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leff1rj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Grinder pumps
    Do you have a recommendation of brand of grinder pump that will readily handle feminine hygiene products and has a good history of this use?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 02:45 PM

Hi Leff..

I know of no sewage ejector pump or grinder that can "readily" handle feminine hygiene products.

All the manufacturers that I know of void warranty on the pump/grinder if these products are used...

Care to discuss... let me know.

Mark

Dec 12, 2010, 03:09 PM
    Viewed several on line. Little Giant 2 HP grinder pump looks pretty amazing. Any experience out there with this unit? Here is link to YouTube demo video of unit.
    Fem Hyg products, towels, knotted rags, leather glove, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfS-sPBhOGU
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 12, 2010, 07:04 PM
    Hey hey...

That was not only an informative video... was funny, too! I knew grinder pumps cost like 3 times what a sewage ejector cost and I can see why now... ;)

No question in my mind which way I would go if my customer had the money to invest... and I think that's what this is, is an investment.

Thanks for posting the info.

Mark

Dec 13, 2010, 05:02 PM
    Thanks Mark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stump Grinder [ 3 Answers ]

I've been very frustrated lately. Last fall I had a very large silver maple cut down in my front yard. I couldn't afford to have the stump ground at the time, but I have the money now. I've called 6 companies, including the guy who cut down the tree, and I am having such a hard time getting...

Grinder pumps [ 1 Answers ]

We have a grinder pump system for our basement. The pump will come on even when no one is using either the shower or the toilet. Also, I have noticed that it runs when we get a significant rain. I have a conventional sump pump right next to the grinder well. Are there any reasons the grinder...

Grinder Pump [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My home is 10 years old and my sewer grinder pump located in the basement won't turn off. The only thing to drain into the basket for 9 years was the AC condensate and the water softner discharge. This year I finally hooked up a sink and toilet in the basement. All has been fine until...

Stump grinder [ 2 Answers ]

How to sharpen carbide tip on a stump grinder

Circulating Pumps - submersible pumps - low efficiency [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people, Well I was selecting some hot water circulating pumps and submersible pumps, for a rather big project. I consulted GRUNDFOS (can't get bigger than that). For the hot water circulating pumps, Grundfos informed me that the best selection according to my (flow, head)...

View more questions Search