Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helplady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Behavioral Interview Questions for Tech Job
    Does anyone have any information about Behavioral Interviewing for a Tech job?
    nourish Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helplady
    Does anyone have any information about Behavioral Interviewing for a Tech job?
    Is this a tech job for manufacturing? Phone Support? Will you be in the field or behind a desk writing and reporting?

Regardless, the questions are somewhat similar. Go to Monster; Career Builder; Job Search. Interesting is that if someone asks me about the type of questions for a technical call center, I say behavioral. This is because of the questions above, the people skills are important and also, if there is analytical skills. I know from the questions which was "CAN do the job, WILL do the job, FIT in the environment/culture of the dept/company."

Make sure from a Can/Will do standpoint there is openness, you like people, like to communicate, and analytically are succinct (this is seen in the questions which have several parts. Completely answer in order and miss no part. If the interview q. is long, think about describing a story - issue-steps to fix-single solution. e.g: "Tell us about a time with a supervisor, when you received constructive feedback, and how did you handle the situation?" This is a standard for most interviewers. Do not talk badly about a supervisor/manager. Talk to a performance review, areas for improvement, and you worked hard over the next year to exceed that expectation and got a bigger raise the next year.

Good luck, surf the web for career sites and their free interview questions. You'll be fabulous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for interview questions for Help Desk positions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I'm looking for resources, perferably via the net, of any websites that have Interview Questions for Help Desk positions. I need to hire a part time person for my Help Desk but would rather "borrow" atypical Help Desk questions rather than reinvent the wheel and write up my own. Any...

Job Interview [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently retired from the Navy after 30 years. Monday I have a job interview with a defense contractor that specializes in program development that various companies use. I have a friend that works for the company and he told me that one of their standard questions is to give them 2-3...

Job Interview [ 1 Answers ]

I have a job interview coming up and I was wondering what kind of outfit should I wear? Should I wear a skirt or blue jeans or what? Thanks

I can't find a tech job. I need help. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 26 year old professional in the IT field. I was recently laid off from a company that is going out of business. I have been out of work for a few months now. I have tried everything; Resume professionaly done, job fairs, contacted consultants, signed up for every career finder website...

View more questions Search