Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aggst1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2010, 11:25 AM
    Help removing Grohe kitchen faucet single handle
    I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet with the single handle. I really don't know which model it is but it looks very close to a Ladylux. I want to replace the cartridge, so I purchases a replacement part # 46048. I am unable to remove the handle. I removed the allenhead type screw, and the plastic washer came out, but from that point on I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the handle to release the cap so that the valve is exposed. I have slowly twisted and turned the cap and was able to read the part number of the old valve (this is how I knew what part to buy). It seems to me there is another thing I need to do. Hidden screw anywhere? I put the screw back on the handle, but now the cap has come somewhat loose and I can move it at will even though the handle is properly attached.

Please help me figure this out. This can't be that difficult.

Thanks in advance

George

Dec 13, 2010, 04:14 AM
    Anyone?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2010, 07:05 AM

I'm sending you a link to Grohe Kitchen faucets. Pick out yours and send me the model number:
    Buy Grohe 33 893 Sd0 Main Sink Dual Spray Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
    I'll be looking for you. Tom

Dec 13, 2010, 03:56 PM
    I looked it up on the website and found out that it is Grohe model # 33-757 .
    http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/33757/

Thanks Tom, just let me know what you think.
    KenFromOttawa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aggst1 View Post
    Tom, can you help me out please? Any help is welcomed!
    I have exactly the same problem - the darned lever will not come off after I have removed the screw. I called Grohe and they said to use a rubber mallet (!). Did you have any luck?

Ken

Dec 27, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Yes I removed it eventually. It has been over two years now but I remember that the handle was stuck due to corrosion. Just move it back and forth and it will come out. I remember that I had used a large screwdriver covered with cloth so I wouldn't ruin the finish and wedged it in so that by moving slightly the lever I was forcing it out. Another thing I did is sprayed some penetrating oil. That probably helped. Good luck. Mine still works like brand new after I replaced the cartridge. Well worth the frustration of that day.

Dec 27, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aggst1 View Post
    Yes I removed it eventually. It has been over two years now but I remember that the handle was stuck due to corrosion. Just move it back and forth and it will come out. I remember that I had used a large screwdriver covered with cloth so I wouldn't ruin the finish and wedged it in so that by moving slightly the lever I was forcing it out. Another thing I did is sprayed some penetrating oil. That probably helped. Good luck. Mine still works like brand new after I replaced the cartridge. Well worth the frustration of that day.
    Thanks. Good to know that there isn't another screw somewhere holding it in place. Someone at work suggested soaking it in vinegar for an hour or so.

Ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 27, 2012, 10:42 AM
    And you might try WD-40. Good luck, Tom

Dec 27, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Thanks Aggst1 and Speedball1,

I removed the faucet from the sink and soaked it in vinegar for about an hour. I could lever it out then. It turns out that one of the screws that held the cartridge in place was loose - probably the cause of the leak. Unfortunately the water flow is very slow - the control screw on the cartridge doesn't open the valves enough - so I'll have to buy a new one. :-(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you remove the Handle from a Grohe Lady Lux Kitchen Faucet? I have included a [ 3 Answers ]

http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/33759g A link to a picture of the faucet above.

How do I take apart the corrego NSF 61/9 single handle kitchen faucet? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I take apart the corrego NSF 61/9 single handle kitchen faucet? The faucet is leaking and I need to fix it.

How does one remove an Arwa single handle kitchen faucet? [ 3 Answers ]

How does one remove an Arwa Class single handle kitchen faucet? I followed the advice of the folks at Gemini's while trying to service the cartridge. So, I decided to just replace the faucet. Now I can't figure out how to remove the flange from the underside of the countertop to disengage the...

Dripping Delta Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single-handle Delta kitchen faucet that will not stop dripping. I did some research online and learned to buy a replacement kit to replace the interior workings of the faucet. I have done that, and have replaced every interior part, both O-rings, the springs and seals (which I am told is...

Price Pfister Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have the faucet and DO NOT use the sprayer. The installer just tied it beneath the sink and I put a hand soap dispenser in the sprayer hole. There is NO WATER PRESSURE. It just dribbles infuriatingly. I found that the little logo button comes off the main chute of the faucet but I don't know...

View more questions Search