Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovemovies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2003, 05:20 PM
    Encoding Trouble
    Hi
    I was wondering if someone could help me. I am rather new to encoding and burning, but I have been transferring some of my movies from vhs to vcd. I have had pretty good luck except that when I go to watch it on my dvd player the video is great, but in every single movie I have done, I get a high pitched almost mosquito-like sound in my audio in various parts of the movie. That's problem 1
    Problem 2 is that although movies from TV etc transfer very well, my home moves do not - why? THe quality on the vhs is great - is there something else I need to do this?
    And finally as I said my TV movies transfer well, but I have a couple of concerts on vhs that I would like to transfer - when I try after being encoded etc they skip every 5 seconds or so throughout the whold concert.
    I encode in high quality.
    I use TMPGEnc and Nero burning
    Can someone please help? Thanks
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 6, 2003, 06:05 PM
    Encoding Trouble
    What program are you using to capture the movies?
    ilovemovies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2003, 06:43 PM
    Encoding Trouble
    Hi
    Thanks for the advice - I use ATI multimedia center for capturing video. I know a dvd recorder would be the best, but money doesn't really allow for that.
    Do you have any ideas as to why concerts and music on the videos kind of skip?
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 6, 2003, 10:50 PM
    Encoding Trouble
    Does the skipping show up before or after you encode the video into MPEG-1?
    Also, what computer are you using?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1988 hyundai pony with a problem... Every now and then I'll be driving along when suddenly it will start to "choke" and stall - as if it's got something in it's throat. It sounds and feels like one of the jets in the carb is blocking up as it only "chokes" on lower revs. If I leave...

My cat is in trouble [ 3 Answers ]

My cat has little black dots on his lip, and they are starting to appear on his nose, and in his eyelid (where humans put eyeliner on) but, its really bugging me. Is it normal? Can I treat it? What is it? Where did it come from.. please help me and my two year old kitty... thank you so much... ...

I'm in trouble. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with severe clinical depression a while back. I'm on meds, but I think it is getting worse. I get in these terribly low spells, and just want to destroy something, so I started setting fires. I've started 2 grass fires, and then lit an old abandoned truck on fire. Has...

Boy trouble [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks you guys! You were great help. I chose Michael, James is to immature, and I almost NEVER see Dylan! I'll be posting!

View more questions Search