Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uscg911 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Rent expense on income statement
    If you pay $48,000 of rent in advance on March of 2009 for the period of April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010, how much do you record in the income statement on December 31, 2009.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 04:14 PM

Please read this announcement.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

We won't give you answers. If you will attempt the problem and show your work, we'll check it for you.
    uscg911 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 04:22 PM
    Comment on Just Looking's post
    My answer to this question is $36,000. I took $48k and divided by 12 to use the months from April to Dec to include on the Dec 31st income statement. The remaining amount would be recorded as prepaid rent on the balance sheet. Is this correct?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2010, 04:26 PM

Perfect. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expense in the income statement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If the wages earned by employees monthly were $8000, and for example in May, only $6000 has been paid at the end of the month. In the income statement, is $6000 or $8000 going to show as en expense? Thanks.

Payroll and Payroll Tax Expense on an Income Statement [ 2 Answers ]

Is the payroll expense on the Income Statement the gross amount of payroll? What I have seen so far is that it is the gross amount and then the payroll taxes are also listed. Isn't it doubling the amount of expense for the payroll taxes? Thanks for your help!

Unearned rent revenue falls under balance sheet or income statement [ 1 Answers ]

Unearned rent revenue falls under balance sheet or income statement If it is under balance sheet, is it under current liabilities section

View more questions Search