Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadeze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 03:02 PM
    Print black and white Canon MP600?
    How can I get the Canon MP600 to print only black & white...
    No luck so far. Thank you
    Two_Speeds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 04:47 AM
    I have had zero success in dealing with this one too. Found every "Properties" option and altered it to "Print Grayscale" and... nothing. No way of printing in black and white without a full compliment of colour cartridges (whether the printer "thinks" they are empty - when often they are far from it - or not).
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Two_Speeds View Post
    I have had zero success in dealing with this one too. Found every "Properties" option and altered it to "Print Grayscale" and...nothing. No way of printing in black and white without a full compliment of colour cartridges (whether the printer "thinks" they are empty - when often they are far from it - or not).
    What exactly is your question? For future reference, please create your own question/thread so we can deal with one person at a time and not have multiple people on the same thread having issues!
    Two_Speeds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 04:19 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Huh? I answered the question posted. I am at a total loss as to how that could be misconstrued.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2011, 04:30 AM

What colors you print is determined by the software you use to print. This has nothing to do with the printer. If you send a text document with no colors usage it will print black text.

However, many printers will not print at all if there is not a full complement of cartridges in the printer. It doesn't matter that you are only printing black. The printer looks first to see whether cartridges are installed before it detects what is being printed.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Two_Speeds View Post
    Huh? I answered the question posted. I am at a total loss as to how that could be misconstrued.
    No, you didn't answer the OP's question. You simply added that you too are having this issue. Now, instead of dealing with the OP's issues and walking them through steps we have to help you as well. Which is fine, if you create your own thread.

This isn't a forum where 5 posters all post on one thread that they're having the same issue. We help each person individually as different situations and OP knowledge dictate our responses!

I apologize for the confusion!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon i560 printer will not print in black [ 10 Answers ]

I see back in May, Grumpy had a similar problem. My printer will not print in black! I've changed the ink! I've run the cleaning cycles. I've tried the troubleshoot section. All to no avail. I did get one page that printed in black from my office program right after I reinstalled the printer...

Vista/Canon i560 will not print Black [ 2 Answers ]

Vista Home Premium/Canon i560 printer. Printer will not print black, have searched Canon and the web but found no answer that will work. Has anyone out there had the same problem and discovered a fix ? If so would appreciate any advice. Grumpy1

Canon mp600 not printing black [ 1 Answers ]

I have changed my black ink cartridge there fat one, and I am not getting any black on prints changed cartridge again got same result.

Canon MP600 [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to print from the PC it makes a clunking sound and says "no paper" yet there is plently of paper - not jamed, loose. If I scan print from the printer it works perfectly. I have reinstalled the software & that made no diffence. Please help!

View more questions Search