Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2010, 01:52 PM

It will increase, which is why the equity section increases. For example, if 100 shares of $10 par common stock are issued at $10, the entry is:

Cash.................................1,000
    Common Stock..............................1,000

Just for your info (not this problem), if they were issued at $12, the entry would be:

Cash..................................1,200
    Common Stock........................................1,000
    Additional Paid-In Capital.............................200
    durand Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 01:53 PM
    Limited companies
    Which of the following should be shown in in the profit and loss appropriation account of a limited company...

A)directors remuneration paid during the current accounting period in respect of the same period

B)debenture interest paid during the current accounting period in respect of the same period

C)dividends paid during the current accounting period in respect of the same period

D)all of the above
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2010, 01:57 PM

Please read the following announcement.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/accoun...ng-font-p.html

I notice you have many questions in here, but I haven't read one yet where you indicate what you think the correct answer should be. If you will show your work (meaning both what you think the answer is and why), we will help you to understand those questions where you are having problems. Thanks.
    cindrella22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 01:30 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capital Budgeting. Cost of Capital. Cash Flow NPV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, This is really URGENT!! NEEDED BY THURSDAY NOON I tried to do this myself but just couldn’t find where to start. Any help would be very much appreciated. CAPITAL BUDGETING TECHNIQUES. This question is based on a case study in Fundamentals of corporate finance 4ed. Ross,...

Importance of keeping paid in capital separate from earned capital [ 2 Answers ]

In all of the reading I've done, it has described what paid in capital is and what earned capital is. However, I can't seem to find anything specific about why it is important to keep them separate. My guess it that Paid in Capital is money that is used in the operations of the business and are to...

Why keep paid in capital separate from earned capital [ 1 Answers ]

Why keep paid in capital separate from earned capital

View more questions Search