Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oscare66 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 08:11 AM
    'How do I install a T fitting in an existing PVC line?'
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Is this a supply or drain line? How big? Although the procedure may be the same, the fittings are different.

Dec 11, 2010, 08:57 AM
    ma0641,
    This is a 1" PVC line for my house filter. I want to install a by pass before the prefilter so I can do maintenance to the filter and still have water in the house.
    if I just cut the PVC line to the proper length so I can insert a T, how can I glue the T / pipe and insert it at the same time? should I use a "fix fitting" kind of like a Dresser Joint to adapt the T?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    should I use a "fix fitting" kind of like a Dresser Joint to adapt the T?
    If the jobs so tight the pipes can't be sprung enough to prime and glue both ends why not use a 1" PVC Dresser Tee. (see image) Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 09:27 AM
    I just did the same thing for my whole house filter. I was getting too wet changing the filter. Turned off the water and drained the system, Solvent glued a "T"-ran into a PVC glue joint ball valve, into the filter, another ball valve out of the filter, another "T" and then connected the "t"s with a piece of PVC pipe and an elbow. PVC flexes anough so you can usually push them back far enough without taking all the piping down. Might get a pint of water in a bucket now. Make sure you use a cleaner on the fittings before gluing. Pipes must be dry.

Dec 11, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    Tom, thanks. Can't see the image. Can you resend or send a link?
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 11, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Can't see the image. Can you resend or send a link?
    I can see it on my post. Here it is again. Let me know if it fails to upload and I'll link you up. Regards, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do install a main line cleanout in clay pipe? Pipe exposed, existing wye capped. [ 23 Answers ]

I would like to install a cleanout for my main drain line from my house to the city sewer system. There is no existing cleanout access for the main sewer drain line. House details: Huntington Beach, CA single-family tract house built 1960. Today I dug a hole to access the clay drain line. ...

Adding a CPVC fitting in an existing water line - exposed to water too soon? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm cutting into an existing CPVC water line to add an outside sillcock. I shut the water off and drained the system as best I could. I cut into the existing pipe and, after it stopped dripping, I wiped it dry and cemented in a new CPVC Tee for my sillcock. About 2 minutes later, water...

Can I glue styrene fitting to PVC? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I just recently purchased a quantity of 4" PVC sewer & drain pipe to drain the water from my downspouts to a small drainage lake in my backyard. I asked the supply house for PVC pipe and fittings, but when I got home, I discovered that the fittings are stamped as 'styrene', while the pipe...

Connecting pvc to pvc with no hub fitting [ 8 Answers ]

My plumber ran into a dilemma when installing rough plumbing for a new basement bathroom. After already laying the pvc piping in place under the broken up concrete floor we found the pvc to cast iron Tee connections leaking. This was discovered after I had filled the opening with a base of gravel...

Can someone please identify this PVC fitting [ 3 Answers ]

Attached (I hope) is a picture of a fitting I am trying to identify. This fitting joins my PVC washing machine drain pipe to my copper soil pipe. I would like to know what it is called so I can buy another one without sounding like an idiot to the sales folks. Also, I am looking for application...

View more questions Search