Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creid59 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Am I legally entitled to a copy of my work performance review?
    I've never, every had a problem receiving a copy of my work performance review when asked for a copy. I currently work in a hospital urgent care setting and just had my performance review which was very good. When I asked the manager for a copy for my filed she said that the manager at her other office does not give copies. I said what does that have to do with this office? She said by law since I signed off stating that the review was good I can only look at what's in my file, not have a copy. I said that crazy, these are my files and I'm entitled to a copy. I have copies from my last 2 employers with no hassle. What can I tell this new young manager that thinks she knows every thing? I don't want any problems, I just want a copy of my review.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2010, 07:51 AM

There is no legal requirement that an employee have copies of anything in their personnel file. I don't think, however, that there is a corresponding law that prevents an employer from giving out copies.

It depends on how much you want to make an issue of this. If the employer is saying its against the law to give you copies then ask them to cite what law says that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2010, 07:58 AM

Unless there is a law suit and you file for discovery of evidence there is no "law". But a company should not have a reason to deny you a copy of anything in your file. Many may charge you a fee and they don't have to do it the minute you ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a performance review a contract ? [ 8 Answers ]

At the beginning of each year the company sets its goal and objections and meets with employees to advise. The goals and objectives are the same for everyone and you have a no say so. You either meet, exceed or fail. The result is of course a raise and bonus. Is this a verbal agreement between...

Performance review [ 2 Answers ]

Are employees entitled to a copy of their performance reviews?

Can I get a copy of my performance review? [ 2 Answers ]

It would only make sense that workers have a right to a copy of their performance review to learn what needs improvement. I am curious because management has given me oral notice of my performance review results, but did not supply me with a copy for my records. Now that I am applying for...

Organization performance Review [ 1 Answers ]

How can an effective review be designed for the performance of different departments of a typical organization?

View more questions Search