Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjherrington Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 06:54 AM
    The weight came off the stop lever and tub will not drain. How do I fix
    Ok my tub is full of water. I lifted the lever and nothing. I unscrewed the levr it came out without the wiehgt on it. No access panel and it is a tub and shower inclosure how do I fix this
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 11, 2010, 07:15 AM

Hi Bj...

Take a metal coat hanger and disassemble it and straighten it out, but put a little hook on one end. Then, you go fishing for the plunger... see image... ;)

The plunger has a cross member that should be pretty easy to hook so you can pull it up and out.

Good luck!

Mark
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 11, 2010, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I unscrewed the levr it came out without the wiehgt on it. no access panel and it is a tub and shower inclosure how do I fix this
    No problem! Easy fix! You have lost the link to the bucket, (see image)
    The vbucket or plug has a cross bar on top the linkage hooks to. What you have to do is take a coathanger , put a small shepherds hook,(see image) and go fishing. Once you retrieve the bucket you can replace the linkage and you're back in business. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

bjherrington Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Yes but my lever has a screw with a small nut on the end of it? Does that screw into the linkage? It is a tub enclosure jacuzzi tub with all plumbing on and outside wall the only access panel I have is to get to the jacuzzi motor. I can not even find where the front panel of the tub opens like my last tub did?

I fished it out. My set up had a screw connecting to a plastic piece and then another gold rod connecting to the plunger thanks for the help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 11, 2010, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the update. Are you all fixed up now? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If your trip lever is broken can that stop your water from flowing down the drain [ 1 Answers ]

My trip lever is broken and the water in the tub does not go down all the way we have snakes and used chemicals nothing works could it be cause the trip lever is broken it has a long pole with looks like a screww to adjust it to go up or down and at the bottom something that looks like a cylinder

Shower/tub drain lever. [ 6 Answers ]

It's brass coated triangular shaped. Underneath it is a white plastic piece with like cogs on a wheel. This piece I can't remove to replace it as the nut is too shallow and can't get a wrench on it. Any ideas on how to remove this piece?

Tub drain plunger separated from trip lever assembly [ 1 Answers ]

I had a plumber fix a tub drain plunger. Apparently, instead of fixing or adjusting the old type (lever to visible stopper), he must have replaced it with a newer type (lever to internal stopper). Problem is that the lever is now disconnected from the internal stopper. The eye hook at the bottom of...

Tub drain - darining slow, stopper lever broken off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a rental w/ a non-responsive landlord and need to fix my bathtub drain. It used to drain fine until one day when I cleaned it w/ ajax. I may have bumped the cover where the drain stop lever is supposed to be; it is broken off. (it could be simply soap scum down the drain, but the...

View more questions Search