Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newbiehvac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Noma Programmable 5+1+1 thermostat
    Hi everyone,

I just purchased the above mentioned thermostat and connected the wires accordingly.
    My question is the old mercury thermostat had a jumper to R and RN if I'm not mistaken.

The new digital thermostat only asks that the four wires be connected with no mention of a jumper.

I have heat and A/C but the auto setting doesn't work (even when the temparature is set higher than the room temp) The heat indicator flashes but the furnace doesn't go on.

Does this have to do with the jumper or is it something else. And if it is the jumper, which wires do I connect it to?

Thanks
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Is this an electric furnace? Or gas?
    newbiehvac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 08:01 PM
    It's a gaz furnace. And I also just noticed that the current temperature doesn't really go up. Kind of hovers around 21 and 23 degrees Celsius even when I set it higher. The unit is for a low designed for low voltage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma Programmable thermostat [ 14 Answers ]

I have tried to replace a conventional lever action mercury thermostat with a new digital programmable Noma thermostat. The AC works fine but when I turn on the heat, the AC come on then too and not the heat. I have no heat. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: Orange -> Y Red ->...

Installing Noma programmable thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, like many others I have installed the NOMA Heating/Cooling programmable thermostat Model: 52-2570-6. It is replacing the old round-style analog mercury thermostat dial. The wiring connections on the old one were: Wire colour: RED -----------> R GREEN --------> G WHITE -------->...

Noma programmable thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old carrier thermostat model q674j119 or t874g1790 for my oil furnace and heat pump. I tried to change this with Noma programmable thermostat model 52-2558-8 but everythings not working. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: O -> Orange R -> Red W2 -> White G -> Green C...

Noma programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

We have programmed the thermostat and it always jumps back to another setting. Can you help.

Programmable noma thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am changing a York thermostat to a Noma programmable. I have rewired transferring w to w, rc to rc, g to g, y to y . There is a wire jumper on the York that goes from rc to 4. There is no corresponding 4 on the Noma. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where the wire jumper should go if I...

View more questions Search