Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe9035 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 05:55 AM
    Kenmore dishwasher 655.15829 stuck in diagnostic mode
    The dishwasher seems stuck in a diagnostic mode. I took off the kick plate, there were no directions to reset. I read it was Sanidry, and air dry, several times, but nothing happened. Under the Sense display that usually shows time, shows four led bars, If I press Normal wash one of bars reacts to pushing the buttons. Several of buttons do the same. If I close the door while holding the cancel button, the Sense shows the regular time 2 minutes, and the pump starts empties the dishwasher. But then goes right back to the dianostic mode. I will take any suggestions at this point.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2010, 07:13 AM
    I would try turning off the breaker for a minute.
    joe9035 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Yes, I have cycled power several times. Comes right back up in the same state, then I try pressing the reset code Sani Dry then Air Dry, several times. The lights should all flash, but nothing happens.
    mhardi01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Had same problem. Hopefully not jinxing myself but seems to have been the controller board. Replaced it, plugged power back in, pressed CANCEL to exit diagnostic mode, now it seems to be back to normal. Controller boards on ebay; search using the Kenmore part number. Should be $45 refurbished/used to $100 new. Good luck!
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Look at these: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ishwashers.zip
    I bet that some of the buttons are not working and if that is the case then just cleaning the circuit board behind the touchpad and cleaning the rubber touchpad will cure the problem. I have not seen your specific unit, but most have a rubber touchpad just like on a TV remote control, and they are fixed exactly the same way. You take the dishwasher apart enough to access the circuit board and peel off the touchpad (Make sure power is off.). Then clean the rubber pad with a soft toothbrush and dishwashing soap or shampoo and water, dry, then wash off with alcohol, dry and put where it's warm and dry for an hour. On the circuit board clean with Windex followed by alcohol and blow dry with a blow dryer. To reassemble put a very thin bead of clear GE Silicone caulk around the edge of touchpad (Be careful to not get any on circuit board where the buttons are located.) and carefully press together. Let it cure for two hours or so and it should be good as new.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2013, 09:52 AM
    Dr Tom For remotes and other electronics that have the touch pads, I will dissemble, Wash all parts and circuit board with warm water, then dry theroughly. And use a hair dryer to get rid of any moisture, or you can place on a hot dash or even a cable or sat box for heat to dry. Then use a pencil eracer to clean the contacts.

I would also try turning on the breaker while holding the cancel button, may need 2 people or one person with really long arms.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2013, 09:19 AM
    That may work, too. The reason I suggested cleaning it was that it seems that the unit is not getting input for some reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher 655.15829 stuck in diagnostic mode [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 655 -15829 dish washer that looks like it is stuck in a diagnostic mode. Under the Sense display 4 bars are lit, and they go on and off by pressing different mode buttons. I took the kick plate off, there no directions for a reset, and I have not been able to find the button...

Kenmore dishwasher diagnostic codes restore [ 2 Answers ]

I used the Diagnostics code to determine a problem on my Kennmore Dishwasher and now when I run it, the dishwasher will not advance past the wash cycle. Everything is working fine, the heating element etc are all good. I just need to know how to get it out of diagnostics mode or to reset it to...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher 665.15829 [ 5 Answers ]

The "Quick Rinse" light is flashing and no other buttons work. I've read the reset answers given for other models, but not for my model. I do not have a "Heat Dry" button. Does anyone know the reset code for this model?

Kenmore Elite dishwasher 655 [ 0 Answers ]

We have started experiencing a problem with our Kenmore Elite 655.15982 dishwasher. Each time we close the door, NoHeatDry/Lock lid would go on immediately. If you touch it, then LockOn lid would go on. Then no other buttons would respond. And often both NoHeatDry and LockOn indicators would be...

View more questions Search