Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsGoodwrench5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 03:18 PM
    My front power button broke off my Dell Dimesion 8400
    When the butten broke, I tried to push the contact on the board but still no power. Do I need a new power board??
    Can this be fixed?

FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 09:16 PM
    It is possible, although unlikely, that you would need a motherboard.

You could try picking up a replacement switch online or at a parts shop. You could also just cut and strip the wire and short the wire to toggle the power on or off though since it's just a simple switch. But before doing that, look closer at the switch on the case and make sure that the wire is connected securely to the motherboard. Also check to ensure that the plastic button is actually pressing down on the switch which is probably attached to the metal chassis of the tower. This would be located behind the plastic cover over the front of the tower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dell computer power button is blinking orange & no power [ 3 Answers ]

It was working fine. I changed the monitor and now the power light on the CPU is blinking orange and will not power up. Please help! It is a Dell Pentium 4. The monitor worked fine on another computer. I hooked up the old monitor and now it is still doing the same thing. PLEASE HELP!

Dell Optiplex GX60 Power Button [ 4 Answers ]

My Dell computer will not boot up;the power button is orange instead of green.I have surfed the web; all I have found out is, it may be a power issue but no one has a idea of how to fix it.

Power Button Board Dell Dimension E510 [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me where I would be able to purchase a replacement Power Button Board, part# PWB X8683 rev A02, for my Dell Dimension E510 desktop? It has 2 USB ports and 2 audio ports. I did a Google search for it and nothing was found. Looked on Dell website about parts and no results...

RAID Configuration on Dell Dimension 8400 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I want to wipe my main editing machine and put a RAID0 configuration on it to help boost performance with large video files. I currently have (1) 160GB and (2) 300GB SATA hard drives. The 160GB currently has the system files on it and the others are for storage. How should I...

View more questions Search