Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomptonite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Body scanners at airports.
    These things are put into place for security measures against BAD people. They are not there so someone can take a peek at your x-ray and in a back room and wack it to that image. Why are some people SO against anything that is put in motion to better protect the innocent. If I'm getting on a plane that is going to be traveling at 500 MPH at 30,000 ft in the air your damn right I want every single person that is on that plane to go through the most thorough search know in existence. There are enough things to worry about when flying without the thought of some jackass wanting to commit an act shear stupidity. I say bring more scanners to check for these people.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 03:18 PM

I just don't like my crotch snatched, or my boobs pinched. Its been done, all in the name of a security search. Surely it can be done without invasion of privacy.

Body scanners I don't have a problem with.
    Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomptonite View Post
    Why are some people SO against anything that is put in motion to better protect the innocent.
    Hello t:

In the short amount of space we've got, I'll try to answer your question... Bad guys are always one step ahead of the good guys. So, if you inspect our shoes, they'll use underpants... If you inspect our underpants, they'll use liquids. If you prevent liquids, they'll stick a bomb up their a$$. If you stick you finger up our a$$es, they'll blow up a train. If we created a police state, where everybody was subject to search at any time, you'd STILL miss the big bombs. If you put troops on every inch of our border, bad guys will still get in.

Instead of victimizing us further, the government should have gone after Bin Laden. I'm not willing to give up my liberty for security... Not me - no way, no how.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full body scanners. [ 8 Answers ]

Well, it looks like not just the USA is going to get the newflangled body scanners, but the entire world is going to get this baloney whether we want it or not. I find it most intersting that these full body scanners were ordered months ago. I find it most interesting that Chertoff (of all...

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

Immigration at airports [ 1 Answers ]

It is necessary for a Mexican friend who is awaiting her legal residence status to fly to another part of the U.S. She does not want to jepordize her status but needs to make this trip. Can her lawyer give a letter of permission to fly to where she needs to go (for only 5 days)? Thank you.

Auto scanners / code readers [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to purchase one of those trouble code readers, have never used one before but want to learn. What is the best one / kind to get for home use? I see sears has a couple on sale, one is called OBD II auto scanner and the other OBD2 code reader, are they the same thing? Thanks. Steve

View more questions Search