Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madienpink Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 01:38 PM
    I have the Mirena IUD and...
    I got my implant Dec. 12th 2009 and until 2 months ago I was having two heavy cycles a month. Now I just have brown spotting constantly. I weighed 115lbs in may and now I am 145lbs. I don't feel sick or anything like that, but I am nervous about being pregnant. Because my daughter is only 14mo and she was born one pound, eleven ounces at 26 weeks. I have a couple friends who still got pregnant while they were on it. I have insurance but none of the ob's here are taking new patients and I can't get in until June. I have heard that taking a urine test won't show up with an iud even if you are pregnant and they only way to know is a blood test. Is this "normal" or should I be concerned?
    pink_poodle Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2010, 02:03 PM

Not true I have the same problem but I have the paraguard iud I found out I was pregnant yesterday!!
    madienpink Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Comment on pink_poodle's post
    Congrats! I think being pregnant is the scary part but the children are always a joy
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 04:10 PM

It's possible to get a positive result using an hpt even with an iud. Use first morning urine, it's more accurate.

Do you have a planned parenthood near you? Most of them will do a pregnancy test for you, just in case you want a blood test to make sure. :)

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirena IUD [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get pregnant on the Mirena IUD?

Mirena iud [ 4 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant on mirena iud?

Mirena iud. [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if I had the mirena and I was pregnant how soon should it be removed.

Mirena IUD. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a baby boy in April of last year & in May I got the Mirena IUD. I almost passed out when they put it in & bled straight for about 6 months. After that I would bleed for a few days & then stop for a few days & bleed for a few days & so on & so forth ever since then. Well I had heard that...

View more questions Search