Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harleyquin Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2010, 10:57 AM
    What does my dream mean?
    I dreamt that I was marrying someone who I know in real life but just as a friend through friends and I was really unhappy about it to begin with and didn't turn up then he came and found me and we got talking and I decided to go ahead with the marrige and was really happy about it then after the wedding we walked around the church and there was a priest or vicar who had recently died and was in a silver coffin in the church and we were looking at the cards and flowers and people were telling us what a lovely kind and caring man he was then I woke up?? Please help?
    Bioviper Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2010, 11:22 AM
    According to Freudian Theory, it is possible your dreams are trying to 'clear' your subconcious of any thoughts or feelings you have for this person. Do you actually like this friend? Do you like them enough to possible have a future with them. The second answer could be that you have something for this person and you possible desire to be with them. The choice is up to you.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Dec 9, 2010, 10:31 PM

Dreams of marriage can be associated with commitment and transition. The fact that you were initially unhappy but then came around to the idea suggests that you are coming to terms with some change or commitment in your life. This may be a change within yourself rather than a specific event.

Dreams of death are often also associated with change, but more in the nature of a loss. Maybe you are having to let something go in your life or maybe your feelings are changing a lot about something.

Putting them together it sounds as though you are getting used to embracing something new and letting something else go, either within your world or within yourself.

This is of course assuming that an actual marriage or death don't feature in your life in any way right now in which case it would be a more straightforward dream.
    IMHO1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2010, 01:46 AM
    It seems like your mourning a loss for something you do not want to give up, the details of the dream are unimportant. Centrally you have what should be a joyful occasion but in this case not what you expect it to be but go along with it. This indicates you have feelings a change is forced on you and not really what you hope for although you accept it. The priest in a silver coffin could symbolise something precious your giving up even if not through choice.

Dec 10, 2010, 09:42 AM
    Comment on Bioviper's post
    Thank you

Comment on QLP's post
    Thank you

Comment on IMHO1's post
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I dream of my brother dying in my car and I cannot cry for him in my dream [ 3 Answers ]

I dream of my brother dying in a crash in my car, but there is nothing I can do to help him, he was in the passanger side, but I did not see the driver, I see blood coming out of his mouth and ears, I try to cry for him in my dream but cant

I had a dream that my Ex told me he died and then came alive again in your dream? [ 2 Answers ]

We haven't really spoke in a while he's been acting weird and only responds when he wants to and I believe he is in a new relationship. We are only friends but he seems to be interested in what I'm doing and wants to get back with me somehow. I'm not sure how this dream relates to anything. Please...

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

View more questions Search