Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2010, 06:36 PM
    video transfer trouble
    I moved a video from the SD from my cellphone, onto my laptop. It lost ALL of the sound. Is there a reason for this?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 02:04 PM

Maybe it didn't lose the sound but your player on your laptop doesn't have the right audio codec to play it? Also, you might need to convert it from 3GP to AVI/WMV format. (depending on the type of Phone)

There are mobile media codes available through VLC and you can Google 3GP-AVI/WMV converters!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 02:19 PM

I have no idea either lol. It's a video that came from my blackberry phone. It was saved onto the mini SanDisk, then I moved it to my laptop. I tried playing it in windows media player, and windows live movie maker. But neither had sound just the video. Ill try to find VLC
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 02:22 PM

Google is yor best friend when dealing with this. Because somewhere out there someone as done this!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video cassette transfer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I transfer video cassettes to my hard drive?? :)::

Transfer video from camcorder to PC [ 1 Answers ]

I have one sony digital camcorder (mini dv)dcr pc-5 and do not have the necessary cables to trasnfer videos to PC. I used dv cable to transfer the videos but it says ' no camcorder found'. Software used for this is pixela (suplied with the camcorder) refereing to mannual it referes to I link...

Digital video transfer with USB [ 3 Answers ]

The PC desktop computers in my school do not have a firewire port. I am having my students make digital video projects. I've used firewire with Macs, obviously can't with these PCs. How will the transfer of video work with a USB cable? Never done it before. Is it really slow? Does the USB affect...

Downloading video for file transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am trying to dowload me playing my piano on a free life stle web site etribes. I have filmed myself on a video camera and transferred it to a dvd via a dvd player/burner. I have loaded it into my laptop a toshiba-equium A100-147, but I can't get the machine to down load the...

View more questions Search