Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiediedgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 05:17 PM
    My current boyfriend says he feels like leaving his entire life behind him...
    I guess my boyfriend and I have been together for five months and I love him to death. It just concerns me that he suddenly wants to drop everything and leave his family, friends and me behind. He feels his anger has gotten out of control and wants to break this "cycle" I asked if he loves us is happy with us? And he replies yes. I asked him does he need a little break from us and he said he didn't want to break up with me. I guess in his mind what he told me is he is always trying to make up to me instead of just doing it because he loves me. He doesn't physically hit me or emotionally abuse me. I asked him if he was depressed and if he was I would stand by him. I just wonder if he is scared because this happens to be his first relationship ever. But I'm really concerned he wants to leave his job, friends, family, and well me behind. It's like he wants to start over and there is nothing wrong with that, but I believe he is going about it the wrong way when he has a bunch of great ties. I asked if he loved his friends and family? And he said yes. It really doesn't make any sense to me.
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Dec 7, 2010, 06:16 PM
    How old are you two? It sounds like he might be having an identity crisis. Maybe he should try to reinvent himself in a different way instead of cutting off ties and running off. Is he religious? If so perhaps a retreat will help. There's plenty of ways to get away without running away.

-Drew
    tiediedgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 06:39 PM
    I am 28 and well he is 26. An identity crisis? He is not religious at least not in any organized way. But I think a retreat sounds good. I thought he might have depression and bipolar runs in his family.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 07:55 PM

He needs to talk to a doctor to get to the bottom of his issues, and a doctor can know if he needs meds, or additional help. It sounds like depression, but only a check up by a doctor can really find that out. Encourage him to see one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k Loan Balance - Leaving Current Job - tax effect [ 9 Answers ]

If I currently have a 401k loan for $9000 but am terminating employment and rolling over to a new company, what are my approximate tax implications? My current 401k balance $136k, salary is 70k (married, single income household). 10% penalty for early withdrawal to payoff balance.

It feels like I was a mistake in life [ 3 Answers ]

Round about seven years ago I started to feel like I was a mistake in life and now it seems to have gotten worse because there was this girl at school and she cheated on me for 3 test and I got F for all three of them and my mum started saying you are lying you cheated I don't believe you your just...

When I have sex with my boyfriend it feels good and everything, [ 9 Answers ]

When I have sex with my boyfriend it feels good and everything, but once he comes and pulls out I feel something wet come out of me like I'm peeing, but never had an orgasm. What is this??

Boyfriend feels trapped [ 3 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and we love each other dearly. We do everything together and we even talk about getting married next year. We don't live together but I have my own place and he stays with me often. We have been through a lot, not cheating, but a lot of trust...

View more questions Search