Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMcKelvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 12:29 PM
    Am I eligible if I had my own business that closed
    I have been Broker/Owner of a small real estate office for the past 5 years. I closed it on November l, 2010 due to poor sales and accumulating debt trying to keep it going. Am I eligible for unemployment?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 8, 2010, 12:10 AM

As an owner of the company I would assume that no you are not.

Stringer
    Martin_Franklin Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 01:01 AM
    Well it depends upon the assets you have if they a \re enough to start a new business than I think you are not eligible but if you have lost almost everything in your business than there is a chance for getting it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determine the amount active business income eligible for the small business deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Problem You, a tax professional working at a local accounting firm, have just received a request from Terry, an assurance partner in the office, asking you to prepare a memorandum to one of his client tax files. He would like you to determine the amount of active business income eligible for the...

Old 401k.business closed.no statements [ 2 Answers ]

I also believe that I have an old 401k sitting somewhere from an old employer. The problem is I don't have any statements on it and the corp. has long ago gone under. Is there anywhere that you can search using your name, old address, and employer to find out? Thanks.. Joxer151

Business closed ,401K gone? [ 1 Answers ]

The company my 401K was with closed. I took a loan against it last year. I just received a tax statement with the full amount of the 401K. Where is the balance? If I'm being taxed for the full amount, it has not been rolled over, and $ is due to me? Is there a penalty since I have not paid...

Employer closed business [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee. So far I have always been paid in full whether working over time or "under" time. However, my boss decided to close the business for a full week at Christmas. He told me I would not be paid for that time (if I had vacation time I could use it). I have researched labor...

View more questions Search