Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpsan07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 12:24 PM
    Do I have to pay medical support when I have always provided health insurance
    Confused
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 02:03 PM

Can you define medical support?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2010, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dpsan07 View Post
    confused
    A few questions:

A) Where are you located?
    B) Can you define "medical support" for us?
    C) Does your ex have medical insurance for the child(ren) also? Are there any balances left on the bills after the insurance has been billed?
    dpsan07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 03:48 PM
    I reside in Texas, decree states children must have health insurance by law , which they do I am in the military so they have always been covered. iif I'm not mistaken my ex is been under medicaid/chips for ever which costs her no more than 10$ mo. There is no need for that since they are covered my military insurance.regardless I'm having tp pay 114$(medical support) + child support. On top of that I pay 197$ in insurance premiums mo. Why should I pay this. To make matters worse she does not use the military insurance nor aknowledge it. No there is o outstanding bills/balances.. what is fair? I have remarried and have two other children to support.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2010, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dpsan07 View Post
    i reside in texas, decree states children must have health insurance by law , which they do iam in the military so they have always been covered. iif im not mistaken my ex is been under medicaid/chips for ever which costs her no more than 10$ mo. there is no need for that since they are covered my military insurance.regardless im having tp pay 114$(medical support) + child support. on top of that i pay 197$ in insurance premiums mo. why shud i pay this. to make matters worse she does not use the military insurance nor aknowledge it. no there is o outstanding bills/balances.. what is fair? i have remarried and have two other children to support.
    Was she receiving Medicaid at the time that your current order was entered into the court?

I'm still failing to understand what you mean by "medical support." Is one of the children chronically ill that they have excessive bills, medical or otherwise, which are not covered by the insurance?

Regardless of what you feel, having secondary insurance is a great option. Whatever is not covered under the first plan is typically picked up by the second plan.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 05:54 PM

You may have to go back for a modification. Medical support is either one of 2 things.

1) Its to pay for insurance for the child. (which is already occuring)

2) To cover a medical expense not covered by insurance. (That is usually done at the time of billing and split between both parents)

Somehow this doesn't sound right and may require modification. Otherwise its allowing for a windfall at the expense of the child. The mother is the one reaping the benefit of it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2010, 06:09 PM

You have to pay it because you either agreed to it at the last hearing or it was ordered and you did not appeal it.

So you go back to court and ask this to be changed since you provide insurance for the children

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have an employee that wants to take the pay instead of provided insurance. Any ideas? [ 8 Answers ]

Our company provides Family Health Insurance paid in full by the company. We have one employee that wants to drop their insurace for houry pay. He has NO other insurance other than what is provided by our company. I advised against this idea, but he wishes to proceed. Before I bacame President, my...

Have an employee that wants to take the pay instead of provided insurance. Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Our company privides Health insurance, paid in full by company, but Ihave one employee that wants to take hourly pay instead of the insurance. Are there any guide lines for this?

Insurance won't pay for medical [ 5 Answers ]

I live in WA state. I was not at fault rear-ended and hit the car in front of me. My car insurance has been paying the medical bills for related problems. I began seeing a doctor for arm pain after the accident and have been getting treatment for car-accident and not-car accident related problems....

Health/Medical insurance for senior citezens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am Srinivas Prasanna. My Father is 75 years and mother is 67 years. I want them to have their Health/Medical insurance. Kindly suggest me in this regard. Thanks BRs VCSP

Employer provided health insurance and preexisting conditions [ 3 Answers ]

If an employee with a preexisting condition is terminated and selects to take COBRA coverage until he/she finds a new job, will there a be a problem getting coverage under the new employer's plan due to the preexisting condition?

View more questions Search