Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    humming Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 11:43 AM
    School for New HOME Owners
    I recently purchased a home in Arizona. Previously lived in a condo. Is there a school or classes one could attend to learn how to take care of a house, I. e. in Arizona you have to flush your water heater annually due to hard water, what are different sounds, how to change filters, etc. what are all of the switches, etc. It could possibly save me money to learn rather than calling a tradesman for something simple. Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Check with Home Dept and Lowe's for instore classes. They are mostly dedicated to DIY remodel but do offer some basic stuff. Other local hardware chains may do the same. There are any number of books available in the library for basic homeowners DIY. Check online, I saw some sources;this old house, ehow and of course, those of us here at ASK ME HOW! There are any number of volunteer helpers to walk you through answers you may have. In particular, there are many professional experts in Electrical, Plumbing and other trades. Good luck with your new house, we look forward helping you!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 7, 2010, 01:43 PM

Along with the excellent advice given above if you have questions about your new home then AskMeHelpDesk is the place to ask. Good luck in your new home. Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    PS: That plumbing plug was for you, Brian
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 9, 2010, 06:54 AM

That plumbing plug was for you, Brian
    Thanks Brain for the nice words. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home owners [ 2 Answers ]

Can homeowners association put a lien on a home that's already paid for?

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

Abandoned Home Owners [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a 'free' site to locate the owners of properties that have been abandoned?

View more questions Search