Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catrancher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Outlook express
    How do I retrieval Compact email
    jonalisa Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2007, 08:41 PM
    check in c:\\document and settings\*dir with your name\Local settings\Application Data\identities/ *dir with long name\Microsoft\outlook
    there you will find your emails. Import from this place.

* = every one has different name on this dir.so you have to check what is the name of yours.

This is the solution from this site

Usually, when Outlook Express compacts email it just removes unused/empty space in the folder and the email stays intact but takes up less room. However, there seem to be a lot of people with the same issue.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running XP on my home computer. Since one of my sons "tweaked something" I can see messages (properties show full message is there) in the in box but the preview pane is empty. Similarly if you open the message the main message box is empty. If you print the e mail it shows attachments present...

Outlook express? [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any way to unsend a sent email in outlook or outlook express?

Outlook express [ 7 Answers ]

I got some virus that was sending me 3,000 e-mails a day all maildeamon and postmaster returned mail from all different addresses.. Anyway I ended up losing that address and my web site (both connected) and got a new address, but now can't get onto the internet on that lap top, so I wanted to...

Outlook Express [ 4 Answers ]

How can retrieve compacted email messages?

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows 98 Second Edition and using Outlook Express for I mail. Tonight my e-mail did not download and I got the following error message. Just would like to know if someone can tell me what the message means and how to remedy the problem. The eroor message is; "Your server has...

View more questions Search