Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2010, 12:01 AM
    Microsoft Server has stopped working
    I had a very nasty virus on my computer this morning, it has now been removed by booting in safe mode and running Malwarebytes.

Problem is, ever since then I get an error on startup that says:

Microsoft (C) Resgister Server has stopped working.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: regsvr32.exe
    Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Application Timestamp: 4a5bca28
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_8864
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000cdcbb
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 8864
    Additional Information 2: 8864c1e40c75bbff65dc93379380ce55
    Additional Information 3: 7b03
    Additional Information 4: 7b03a8e93d6735dbc2f5497c1ad95904

I have googled and can't seem to find an answer for Windows 7, only Vista which doesn't work (been there tried that).

I tried a System Restore as well but it was unable to complete due to an error.

Check out some similar questions!

Using Microsoft outlook behind ISA server [ 5 Answers ]

I have access to internet through ISA server. Browsing is fine but I can't check my POP mail through Microsoft outlook. What is the problem ? following error message is shown by outlook The server could not be found (Account :'Hot Pop', POP3 Server: 'pop.hotpop.com', error number: 0x800ccc0d)

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

Microsoft windows has stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there Please excuse lack of technical knowledge/jargon. I bought and installed AVG 9. today and I don't know if this is the problem. When I try to print from my email the error message "Internet Explorer has stopped working. Check online for solutions. Restart the program" When I check...

Microsoft Office Excel stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get Excel (Office 2003) to work again. This Computer was given to us and we do not have any original CD'S including Windows. I tried opening one of my Excel files the other day and there was some kind of message which asked that I put the Office 2003 CD into the cd-rom and then...

Error: The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process. [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Access as the front end and using a SQL database and some VB 6.0 code. I have a form that is using a Query that asks the user for a "VehicleID" and a "Date". Once the record is retrieved the user can add additional info or edit info and then there's an Update Record command button. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.