Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet_aboutme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 10:48 PM
    Getting rid of red hair
    Well I have been a blonde, brunette, I've had highlights, and black hair as well and now I'm a red head. I love the color but it is too much work to keep it up. And for some reason I seem to see red heads every where. So I think I'm ready for a change but how hard is it to get rid of red and what is the lightest shade I can achieve using Color Zap?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Dec 7, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Personally, using colour zap didn't get rid of the red on my hair, it left horrible patches, even though I thoroughly applied it to my whole head and followed the steps correctly.. I even went black and the red would still come through but I think it was the best thing for me to do.. then a few months later I went to the hairdressers and got it stripped to a medium auburn/brown and it didn't actually look that bad, then just dyed it brown over the top. The problem with doing it yourself is you never know what colour it'll come out because it'll strip away different layers of dye, sometimes one layer further than others and it can make an uneven colour which is quite annoying. It could work for you but I honestly wouldn't risk it.. go to your closest hairdresser, ask for a consultation on what to do because they can give you the best advice. They can tell you what could happen, the risks involved with your hair type and what the best way to get rid of the colour is and its free! Good luck.
    Sweet_aboutme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 10:27 PM
    Comment on ramona_'s post
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I guess I can tuff it out for a while longer, my hair really isn't in the best of conditions for me to do anything drastic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Completely messed up hair colour:( How do I get rid of red tones in dark brown hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first of all, I cannot go to a hairdresser. I have social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia which prevents me from doing a lot of things in public. Please tell me what I can do at home. My hair is naturally medium ash brown. I dyed it black awhile ago. I waited for it to grow out a bit and then...

What hair dye should I use if I want to get rid of the dark red tint in my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is a dark red colour I would like to go medium/dark brown without the red tinge to it! What hair colour should I go for?? I've been told ash colours take red away is this true? Thanks...

How do I get rid of the red in my hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, For the last two years I have been coloring my hair a deep burgundy brown, or black purple... either way there is always a lot of red in my hair and when the color starts to fade/wash out it becomes a light cherry/brown. My natural hair color is a medium brown with some blond in it...

View more questions Search