Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jstar00000 Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2011, 02:13 AM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    I have but my parents yell and me saying it's silly.. I guess it is but knowing that Doesn't help the fact that it hurts... councilor I have for the bullying part but not for this the truth is I'm scared of her for some reason

Feb 28, 2011, 02:14 AM
    Comment on redhed35's post
    Thanks so much for the help and kind words
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2011, 06:32 AM

Some people can seem so busy that from the outside looking in it looks like their the last person you think you could talk too, the counsellor is trained to know how to spot and tackle the problems your having, give it a go, all you need to a pinch of courage to get the ball rolling.

Your friend probably did not know what to say, she may have been a little frightened by what you said, once she has time to process she may be the friend you hope she is.

As for your parents, tackle that one again, maybe the parent you feel closest too, or an aunt or grandparent.

An older generation can sometimes surprise you, you never know who will help you and have your back unless they know.

Mar 29, 2011, 11:58 PM
    Doubts on love
    Even though a girl has a low self esteem will a guy still fall in love with her
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2011, 12:20 AM

Is this a general question?
    If so,yes,some guys will.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2011, 11:47 AM

Yes guys can fall for a girl with low self esteem, but your personal issues may get in the way and cause problems, unless you talk to someone that can guide you in the right directions for yourself. You have to be in love with yourself first, and be doing good things for yourself, before you can share love with another, and really enjoy it.

Got someone to help you with your confidence, and self esteem??

Mar 30, 2011, 10:33 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    I have my friend but my worries overide her help and I feel bad for it she doesn't know how to help me anymore and I'm afraid this self esteem problem will ruin our friendship, I don't want to lose her as a friend!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2011, 07:52 AM

I would suggest to first find out what your worries are, and why you worry about it, instead of finding ways to resolve those worries and keep them in perspective.

One thing I can say from reading your posts, are a lack of balance and guidance, as in having a mentor, or someone you look up to, that's more experienced, and accomplished in ways you admire. You also have to have physical outlets to direct your energies outward, and not inward, and you would be surprised at the change that would make on your thinking, as happy, busy people have little time to worry about things that can be resolved with a plan, and some actions.

Once you get that balance and direction, you will learn about yourself, and build a life that you enjoy, and grow, and be to busy to worry about the things you cannot control, and develop some rather good habits, and coping strategies, that will lead to skills you will use forever.

The sooner you start down such a path, the sooner you start seeing things get better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is your take on the following story? [ 0 Answers ]

First incident I'll describe happened when I was about 26 yrs old. (I'am 44 now) I have 3 sons and my youngest was still a new born at this time. I had gotten the oldest 2 boys to bed and then I nursed and changed the baby and put him down. And had just stretched out beside him. As he slept with...

Story [ 2 Answers ]

Story the gift of magi english What inference about Jim can you make from details in O. Henry's story? Answer (select one) He is serious and responsible. He is shy and retiring. He is proud and standoffish. He is fun-loving and carefree.

My story... [ 63 Answers ]

Hi everyone,I'm writing this for myself and for anyone who feels they have the time to read it. For the last few days I've been looking at posts and reading about people's relationships and problems and I must say I'm very surprised but in a way comfortable. I'm not sure why I didn't expect a lot...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

View more questions Search