Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluesherbetx2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Is my friend being abused?
    My friend came to school today saying she was hungry and that see hadn't eaten since a day and a half ago to begin with I fourt that it was her falt but after awile she said to me that her mum said she was fat and that she didn't want her and that her mum was only giving her food at dinner time. So I gave her my sandwiges and I am going to bring in some for her tomorrow, but is this abuse our is it just bad periting? I don't now what to do! I feel really bad.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 01:53 PM

Deliberately withholding food from a hungry child is abuse. Your friend needs to talk with a school counselor or a trusted teacher about this. Did this just start?

Not eating, by the way, sends fat cells into stall mode, and they "go to sleep" in order to survive. Thus, your friend's mother is doing exactly what she shouldn't do, nutritionally speaking.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 01:56 PM

I agree with WG. If your friend is hungry and her mother will not allow her to have food, than it's abuse.

She needs to tell an adult, or call CPS (Child protective services). They'll investigate the abuse, and if it exists she'll be removed from the home.
    Bluesherbetx2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the advise, it started about 3 or 4 days ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend abused me [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 20.I m in a relationship with a man of 33 for the past 2 years.this is long but guys take a little time out for me please.ok so he did everything he can to make me fall in love with him.I agreed.initially he was like the best boyfriend a girl can ever have.he used to understand me bettr than my...

Am I being abused? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married for 7yrs now, no kids and we live with my parents. We have gone through many ups and downs together and we are in our early thirties and still argue about the same things we did when we were first together... I was fat when my husband married me and I still am with an extra...

My friend is being abused [ 14 Answers ]

My friend is 14 and her boyfriend is 16 and keeps hitting her. He is also known to hit people. I'm worried about her because she like him too much she can't see that side of him can you tell me what I should do :confused:

Helping an abused friend? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have this friend and she is a teenager. She is on like her 12th foster parents and her uncle has been beating her for like six or seven years and so she cuts and hurts herself. I want to help her but she always says she will be fine and then starts not talking about it so how can I help her...

View more questions Search