Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Toshiba Web Camera issues
    My laptop is a Toshiba model no. PSAGOU-03KOOL
    I have no idea where my manual is so I am hoping for help here.

I am assuming this came with a built in webcam. I have used this to take pictures and I was able to use it in hotmail messenger and make video calls. Worked great. Then all of a sudden the microphone must have went. The other person could see me but not hear me. I did the updates and downloads and whatever it said I needed. Still nothing. Then for some reason my camera stopped loaded. It said something about the driver I think. So I get frustrated and I pop in the recovery disks. Thinking I just reboot the entire system. Now I don't even see the camera in my start menu as an option. I tried using video chat and it says I have no web cam. But I did at one point when it was fresh from the box. How do I get it back? I thought maybe the recovery disks would have brought it back.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 03:17 PM

Have you tried looking here for the manual? You model number isn't coming up.

Toshiba Support - Homepage
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Thanks cal.
    I did go to the support center and looked for another question posted with my same issue last week. I could find anything. I was just hoping someone here knew or has dealt with that.
    Maybe I can call a 800 number and get a new manual.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 9, 2010, 01:49 PM

If you go into device manager does it show your webcam under imaging devices?

How to get to device Manager
    **NOTE-You may run into permission restrictions trying to access Computer Management (it depends on your account privelages)

1. Right-Click My Computer or Computer (depending on OS)
    2. Click Manage
    3. Click Device Manager in the Left Window Pane
    4. Once your devices show up look for Imaging devices
    5. Click the drop-down arrow
    6. Is it listed?

Also, while you're in Computer Management do you see any yellow shields under any category?
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2010, 11:38 AM
    I just did that and I don't see it listed any where. Does it matter if I am using Vista? I just don't understand if I used the restore disks why its gone now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web camera [ 9 Answers ]

I have a webcam built into my laptop, and since installing windows 7 I can't open it I've tried finding the file in my back up and running it from that but it wouldn't open I can use it on other things that use a camera like msn, I just can't work out how to open it by itself Any help would...

Toshiba web camera [ 1 Answers ]

I have Toshiba laptop (Satellite l505-S6946) and using Toshiba web camera application; first time, my web cam capture image and record videos well but at the second, it not work and in screen of application did not show me. Help. :confused:

Usb toshiba laptop issues [ 1 Answers ]

My usb ports will not recognize any device?

I deleted my built in camera from my toshiba laptop can I put back [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't now I could do that I did it now I can't put it back please help me my dad just got it for me

View more questions Search