Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asadhameed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 11:52 AM
    Careless attitude problem
    Hi, my girlfriend aged 24, very literate, intelligent and beautiful, is very careless. Not only with me also with her family. She started job after graduation 6 months before and uptill now she has changed 3 jobs and now existing job is also in danger. Her problem is that she doesn't listen carefully even though she knows its important for her. Sometimes she even ignore very important events. Up till now we tried nothing. But daily due to her carelessness she has to face difficulties in job and yelling from her mother. Even sometimes I also don't feel good and stop talking to her.

Please help me
    Clemintine Posts: 105, Reputation: 30

Dec 6, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Maybe she has a hearing problem, has anyone checked or bother to ask her how she feels about all this? Maybe instead of being yelled at someone could try talking to her like an adult, ask her what is wrong and if she is okay?
    Could also be a learning disability, it can be overlooked in childhood and only become more and more apparent and hard to deal with when things get complicated in later adult years.
    If she is actually hard of hearing urge her to the doctor, it could be something developing later in life for her.
    "careless and doesn't listen" Does not make sense to me. She is intelligent and literate elsewhere, it can't be she's just not listening for fun it doesn't make sense really. Please talk with her and ask if she's okay, it might be what she needs is someone to show they care so she opens up in case she's been trying to hide how things are for her. Otherwise... I wish you luck, try not to judge her, and if you see her mother yell mention how yelling doesn't help and in fact pushes people apart even more.
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Dec 6, 2010, 01:40 PM

When you've been close to perfect your entire life, you may want a little mess in it. Maybe she's tired of being "very literate, intelligent and beautiful." Mid twenties are tricky as everyone around you expects you to know what you want to do with your life and a lot of people aren't sure what they want to do for the next 30 years.

A heart to heart talk with her may help if she feels depressed. Good luck.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2010, 02:23 PM

I agree with Pan ---Maybe she is just tired of having to live up to everyone's expectations. She maybe getting tired of listening to everyone's thoughts on how she should live HER LIFE!!

As her boyfriend have you ever just simply asked her what she wants out of life, and what YOU can do to help her achieve it. Remember she already has plenty of family telling her what to do, she doesn't need a boyfriend trying to play the parent role, if you cannot be her support during this time, she might find someone who will be!! Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 05:41 PM

She is your girl, you should show love, support, and understanding, or get a new girl. Maybe she has a special problem to deal with, or maybe she doesn't like what everyone else wants her to do. Find out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwed young mother, careless father seeking joint custody [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a young mother living in Massachusetts. My son is a year old, and lives with me. When I was pregnant, his father didn't want anything to do with me or our son. He came around rarely when he was first born, and started taking him to his house for a couple days a week when he was 3...

My 8 year old girl doesn't eat and is careless [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a newest member on this forum.My concern is about my 8 year old daughter. She is very intelligent and active. But she doesn't’t eat. Breakfast/lunch/dinner times are like a big issue to us. We tried all the ways like telling her how important is nutrition and things like that....

Careless driving ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know a trucking company large or small that will hire me with a careless driving charge. I had a rear-end accident in July 09. Other than that, I am told everything else on my DAC is o.k, can you help? I am looking to drive teams with my wife who has a clean driving record.

Balance between needy and careless? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been doing some reading around this site, which I thank God I found about a needy behavior, but it still get me into trouble aplying it on the practice. Sometimes I don't understand my girl because she's tell me that I don't care too much, that she need to be with me more, doing more...

View more questions Search