Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robfritz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Power cable assembly question
    Hello,

We have a client that wants an upgraded power cable made for a component that has a detachable cable hooked to a non-grounded (2-pin), "figure-8" style male receptacle. The cable we have to work with has three conductors. Is there any potential risk involved with connecting only two of the three conductor wires inside of this cabling to this plug, and then the corresponding two connected to the male plug, leaving one conductor inside the jacket completely disconnected?

Thanks for your time!

Rob

tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 AM
    I see no problem with your plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple Assembly language question [ 1 Answers ]

I need an assembly language code for a program that prints the sum of first 100 odd numbers using the commands such as mov, _start etc.

What is the assembly dirctions for seat and spring assembly replacement [ 0 Answers ]

I have a single handle shower. The spout is leaking. I bought all new parts but I don't know how to insert the seat and springs. What goes in first and which way do they go

Kenmore power cable for dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm G Gibson, We recently bought a kenmore dryer HE2model 110.8756 We have to replace the power cable to the dryer ,due to it shorting out. Where can we buy one? Thank you

Cat 5 cable question? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok... I recently have made a lot of changes to my home. The house had NO phone wires except 1 jack. I added all new phone wires using cat 5 cable. I was told this was the best way. Well, I also want to be able to network all the rooms so that they have internet running from my dsl modem to router...

View more questions Search