Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askingatl10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 11:07 AM
    "Notoriously Served" Public Judgement
    Recently researched my credit report and I have a public judgment on there. Although it says that it was satisfied, I don't know anything about this judgement. I called the smalls claim clerk and was told that it was 'notoriously served' 2 years ago to someone who refused to give their name. Can I still file a motion to vacate judgement? If so, under what grounds?"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 11:40 AM

1. find out if it was your debt ?
    2. find out if it was paid

Find out at what address it was served, was that your address

Then you can review the material in the case and see what has happened exactly first.
    askingatl10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I have the entire transcript of what happened with the case from start to finish and it does not list an original company or account number. Yet it literally reads "satisfied". How do I find out if it was my debt or where they served it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never served, yet judgement was filed [ 11 Answers ]

I have a legal question. I'm in New York. From 2002-2007 we rented a small townhouse, were always on time with the rent and had no cause for concern. We ended up finding a house in a better neighborhood that we could rent to own and we jumped at the change. We were told that we could not get...

Served for judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have been serve a judgement for a credit card I could not pay what can I do I can not afford this.

Judgement I was never served. Can they do this [ 2 Answers ]

I received a judgement from a credit card debt that was 6 years old. I never was subpoened. What do I do.

Civil judgement -never served [ 2 Answers ]

I have a civil judgement from 1999. I was never served papers pertaining to it. I was under the impression that civil judgements were only valid for 7 years. My bank received a restraining notice from attorney for the judgment creditor, I was given a copy after I realized my account was frozen. ...

Served Papers About a Judgement [ 12 Answers ]

I need advice. Yesterday I was served papers about a debt with a credit card company. It is MY debt. I was young and very dumb about my credit cards. Now they are catching up to me. I am broke. I honestly don't own anything. No savings, I rent, and my car is financed. I as of right now have 19 days...

View more questions Search