Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktlou73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
    1099-misc
    I did not receive a w-2 for 2005 taxes, all I received was a 1099-MISC. How am I supposed to fill out my taxes? What form am I supposed to use?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2007, 01:44 PM
    If you received a 1099 instead of a W2 then you were considered an independent contractor and not an employee. So you would fill out Schedule C of the 1040 form to report such income.

Note: If you did not have taxes withheld, and you owe a great deal, you might be subject to penalties. If you have 1099 income, you should have been paying a quarterly estimated tax.
    ktlou73 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
    How do I claim mileage on a work vehicle?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2007, 02:18 PM
    You would do this on the Schedule C if your compensation was reported on a 1099. The IRS has a standard mileage rate that you can use or, if you have receipts, you can enter actual expenses.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 02:20 PM
    The mileage is claimed under "Car Expenses" on Schedule C.

I STRONGLY recommend you get professional tax help! This return may cost you a LOT in taxes owed, and you need to be able to claim as many deductions as legally allowed.

If you want to use my services, you can contact me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-MISC and w2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Me and my wife both were on H1 last year. I had 2 W2s last year, and my wife was working as a contractor for the first 3 months last year and then she was on a W2 for the rest of the year. She got a 1099-MISC from the contractor for the first three months of last year. Could you tell me...

1099-misc [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1099-MISC form from my employer. I was an F-1 visa holder under the OPT, work permit last year when I worked for two months. I have an amount in box 7 and zero for Income tax withheld. I gather, as a non-resident alien, I am filing 1040 NR, but I don't know where I am putting down this...

F1, w-2 and 1099-Misc [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I did go across lot of threads and it helped me. But I hope I can get answers to my queries. I was on F1- status throughout last year. However I was paid on 1099-misc and w-2 by two employers. My Questions 1) Do I need to attach 1099-misc or is the employer tax id enough? ...

F1, 1099-misc and w-2s [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member. Its nice to see so many people here who can help. Here's my situation: My status in 2004: Student on F1 (I still am on F1 until my H1 is approved) Was attending school full-time until: August 19, 2004 Working on OPT since August 20, 2004. My nationality: Indian I...

View more questions Search