Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JerissandRyan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Even with my tubes clamped and I had a period can I still be pregnant
    I had a period in November but haven't started yet for decmeber I had my tubes clamped 13 months ago when my last child was born but now I'm showing pregancny signs, I ve been waking up getting sick, even at night for the last week and I eat like crazy and my breast are very tender, and darker then normal I have a little bumps around the nipple part. And my tummy is feeling harder. I'm always tied... its just so wired it's the same feeling I had with my other children. Could I be pregnant again
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2010, 11:52 AM

It's not common, but it sometimes happens. Usually any sort of a tubal is considered permanent protection from pregnancy.

Many of the signs of a period about to start can be similar to early pregnancy as well due to the hormonal changes your body makes in case a pregnancy occurs. Maybe give it a week passed when you expect your period, just in case it is late, and test if need be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hello is it possible to get pregnant after getting tubes tied? I'm having a period eve [ 2 Answers ]

I had my tubes tied a year ago havind periods every month. My stomach is getting big and I feel what seems to be light kicking. In August my period came on in the first week then again the last week. After I been cramping ever since. The last time I had intercourse was in march or April.

Bloody discharge, shorter period last cycle - tubes tied! [ 2 Answers ]

A litte over a year ago, June of 06 to be exact, I had a tubal during the c-section of my second child. Since then, my periods have been completely normaL ( lasting 7 days and heavy as to before the tubal a few days and terribe cramping ) anyhow, I started again LAST Sat I believe the 29 or 30th...

Period late,tubes clmaped [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to think about this. I have clips placed about 5 years ago. My last period was April 1st. It came a week early that month. Now,this period is late by 7 days. I have noticed an increase in cervical mucus,watery sort of but somewhat stretchy and clear. I had my hubby feel the crevix...

I don't get my period but I want to get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been having unprotected sex for two years now and I am still not pregnant. I am only 22 years old. I don't get my period but maybe twice a year. I am over weight but I know plenty of women who are bigger than me that have kids

View more questions Search