Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahlazore28 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 07:59 PM
    Who gets back child support if children were not living with the custodial parent?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2010, 08:16 PM

Whomever the court order is made out to gets it.

Dec 4, 2010, 09:08 PM
    Well I have a court order from when I was receiving gwelfare for them when I had them before I let them live with my father and then he was getting welfare for them while they were in his custody and when you apply to receive welfare they automatically send you to the child support enforcement to apply for support from the non custodial parent/parensts. Now that I have them shouldn't I be entiled to get the child support since my father is no longer having to support them?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2010, 09:27 PM

Nothing is automatic, who has court ordered custody, that is the only person that the kids can "legally" be living with.
    And the person named in the court order to get the money and the one ordered to pay, have to do so till someone goes back to court to admend the court order.

Dec 4, 2010, 09:52 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I always had custody of her but I signed temporary guardianship over to my dad and that is how he was able to get welfare them. So what do I do?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 5, 2010, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlazore28 View Post
    I always had custody of her but I signed temporary guardianship over to my dad and that is how he was able to get welfare them. so what do I do?
    Notify the welfare agency that you have the children again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial parent gave child to Non Custodial Parent now wants him back? [ 2 Answers ]

My husbands ex called us back in October and said that she could no longer handle their son (he is 7) and she was afraid she would "snap" one day and hurt him so we moved him in with us. My step son calls his mom on a daily basis he is doing better in school, and as a family have started...

Child is not living with custodial parent? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Illinois my son is 18 but still in High School and custodial parent kicked him out so know he is living with me and I am still paying child support

Can non custodial parent get money from dead child estate if never paid child support [ 1 Answers ]

Custodial parents car insurance will only pay the representative of the estate under the uninsured motorist coverage. If custodial parent files to be the administator, does she have to split the money with the non custodial parent who has never cared for the deceased child or paid on the support...

Child not living with custodial parent but still collecting child support [ 1 Answers ]

Child is suppose to live mother but for over 12 months child has been living with grandpaernts but mother is collecting child support still. Is that against the law

View more questions Search