Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SeniorSwig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 11:13 AM
    What other ways can I communicate bad customer service?
    I recently had a HORRIBLE experience with Universal Pest Control - Peoria, Arizona.

1. They killed our dog. They didn't refasten our back gate in November, 2005. Our beloved family dog Domino (Boston Terrier) escaped and got hit by a car shortly after. After searching for him for hours, I found our dog dead on El Mirage Road late at night. Our entire family still cries over this. When informing Universal Pest Control, they stated "OK, we'll note to secure the gate well on your file." No apologies - no compassion.

2. We recently - and accidentally - wrote a check out of the wrong checkbook (old, cancelled checks were lying around from an old bank account) to them for $31. Instead of billing us or asking us to pay double the next month, they turned my wife in to the Maricopa County Attorney for writing bad checks. For $31!!

We had been loyal clients for 2 years.

We forgave them for killing our dog, but my wife made a simple mistake and they are crucifying her and trying to get her fined $2500 and 6 months in jail. My wife is a mother of two and we aren't criminals.

In my opinion, Universal Pest Control in Peoria are a bunch of slime bags and I would highly suggest using someone else.

Nothing they did was considered illegal, and although I'm 150% sure they were responsible for leaving the door unlocked, it's difficult to prove.

Besides BBB, are there any other ways you'd recommend to get the word out about Universal Pest Control?

Customer service in a lot of businesses has gone downhill and BBB is rarely effective. Any other strategies you'd suggest?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 11:16 AM
    State Attorney General are typically quite helpful. Google for yours. Mine has an online complaint/dispute form that I've used many times... and many times to a satisfactory response from the one I was complaining about.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Pest Control companies are normally licensed. Find the agency that licensed them and report your complaints to them.

I would consider suing them for false arrest. Generally, someone has a period (10 days) to make good on a check that bounced. If they did not inform you that the check bounced, but immediately reported it to the police, I think you have a genuine case for false arrest.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2007, 12:00 PM
    We have a local paper here in our town that comes out twice a week. What about writing a letter to the editor about your experience? That seems to turn heads in our little town.
    palotree41 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SeniorSwig
    I recently had a HORRIBLE experience with Universal Pest Control - Peoria, Arizona.

1. They killed our dog. They didn't refasten our back gate in November, 2005. Our beloved family dog Domino (Boston Terrier) escaped and got hit by a car shortly after. After searching for him for hours, I found our dog dead on El Mirage Road late at night. Our entire family still cries over this. When informing Universal Pest Control, they stated "OK, we'll note to secure the gate well on your file." No apologies - no compassion.

2. We recently - and accidentally - wrote a check out of the wrong checkbook (old, cancelled checks were lying around from an old bank account) to them for $31. Instead of billing us or asking us to pay double the next month, they turned my wife in to the Maricopa County Attorney for writing bad checks. For $31!!!

We had been loyal clients for 2 years.

We forgave them for killing our dog, but my wife made a simple mistake and they are crucifying her and trying to get her fined $2500 and 6 months in jail. My wife is a mother of two and we aren't criminals.

In my opinion, Universal Pest Control in Peoria are a bunch of slime bags and I would highly suggest using someone else.

Nothing they did was considered illegal, and although I'm 150% sure they were responsible for leaving the door unlocked, it's difficult to prove.

Besides BBB, are there any other ways you'd recommend to get the word out about Universal Pest Control?

Customer service in a lot of businesses has gone downhill and BBB is rarely effective. Any other strategies you'd suggest?
    I am sorry for your experience, I was looking for comments on a painter and found your notes. I have know the folks at Universal Pest for the past 12 years. They have been a great company to do business with. Before I moved to this area, my Mom had used them for years with no complains. I am really sorry about your experience, I would contact the owner and see if things would not be different.
    Being in business myself, I can appreciate the problem with the check, you would not believe how many folks here actually sent bad checks on purpose.
    lukeaug9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Wow! Are you for real? You are really quick to place blame on someone other than yourself.

I have used Universal Pest Control for years now and have never had a problem with them as they have always been more than helpful when I have had something come up.
    I have 2 dogs myself and have on occasion forgot to put them in the house when I was to get service and my gate has never been left open. And if they did leave it open I'm sure it was on honest to goodness mistake. Everyone makes mistakes! I am sure you have made plenty yourself! Like over-exaggerating what seems to be like every detail of your little rant.

When I first set up service with Universal Pest Control I paid by check every month. Recently I paid for several months all at once since my new job was going to have me traveling a lot. Well it turns out that without checking with each other my wife and I BOTH paid our mortgage and car insurance payments. Completely our fault. Needless to say the $200 check I wrote to Universal Pest was returned. Almost 2 weeks later I received a call about it and I explained the situation apologized up and down and the lady was very nice and gave me a few options and I was able to take care of the problem right away.
    Remember, no matter how small or how big a check you write, it is illegal to write a bad check. And bouncing a check because there was no money in the account is not as bad as writing a check from an account that doesn't exist anymore. So anyone can turn your account over to the Attorney General's Office whether the check is $31.00 or $31,000,000
    Contrary to what this guy says I highly recommend Universal Pest Control. They've been wonderful since day 1!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I communicate? [ 14 Answers ]

I bought a house two years ago and I have a spirit haunting me. What is the best way to communicate with it to see what it wants?

Customer Service telephone ethics [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a general telephone etchics for a customer service department. Ex: How to answer the phone, How to ask questions, How to end a call, What to avoid... If you can help me I will really appreciate Thanlk you for your help! Patrick :)

Can't communicate [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I wrote recently about someone I have been seeing for the past 4 months but that we both live apart in different countries. Most people replied that I should just be patient and let the guy take he lead which I am doing. However another difficulty has occurred in that I am finding...

Customer Service Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a letter apologizing to a customer... the customer received a counterfeit $50 bill at one of our stores. She thinks it came from our store but left the store before determination of the fake money. She wants a letter stating that there is nothing we can do about the problem so that...

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search