Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 12:48 AM
    Fleurs Du Mal by Charles Baudelaire in arabic or persian
    Hi,
    I have a hardcover book by Charles Baudelaire, titled "Fleurs Du Mal" printed in either arabic or persian with some colour and black and white pictures interpersed between the pages.

There is a printed black and white photo of the author inside where the reading starts from the back to the front and the last page which is actually the 'front' page if it was a western way of printing books.

The 'front' page (the only page) is printed in French where it states - 'Collection de la Litterature Etrangere. Sous la direction de E. Yarchater followed by the author's name -Charles Baudelaire' with 'Le Spleen De Paris' and 'Suivi d'un choix de Fleurs Du Mal' and lastly with the words 'Traduits en Persan Par M.A. Eslami Nodouchan' and at the bottom of the page, the printers logo with B.T.N.K. Teheran, 1970.

Behind this particular page, printed in English - 'Copyright 1970 by B.T.N.K.. Printed in Ziba Press. Tehran, Iran'.

I would appreciate if someone can tell me if such a book is valuable? Also, please translate for me from French to English as stated above. Thanks.

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 4, 2010, 05:59 AM
    This is a well known French author and the title in English is Flowers of Evil.
    The rest of the French is 'Collection of foreign literature. Under the direction of.. ' ' 'Followed by a choice from.. ' and 'translated into Persian by.. '
    I don't think it's worth much but you can certainly try an auction on eBay to see what it sells for, or a Buy It Now/ Best Offer to see what offers you get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E-mal Header information [ 11 Answers ]

Receiving e-mails from someone stating they are stationed in the Middle east, but their IP address via hotmail indicates United Kingdom. Can this be possible :(

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting [ 6 Answers ]

Les Fleurs, a boutique in Paris, France, had the following accounts in its accounting records at December 31, 20X2 (amounts in Euros, denoted as "E") Purchases………………... E250,000 Freight In……………… E8,000 Sales discounts…………. 4,000 Purchase returns…….. 7,000 Inventory Sales…………………. ...

I can't read hotmail arabic subject messages,even operating system arabic enable wixp [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I can't read hotmail arabic subject messages,even operating system arabic enable wixp Service pack2 & also my browser has latest version.I have to select encoding arabic windows every time on click each message.How can I solve without selecting encoding option? Help me.

Mal practice [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know about medical malpractice, I went to the hospital Saturday afternoon, and the er doctor told me to pee in a cup and then came in and said and I quote, you have a primary doctor there is nothing I can do for you... is there anything I can do... I didn't think they could refuse...

View more questions Search